0 1 | b e g i n n i n g s

Song of the chapter: Lion by Hearts and Colors

☙❦❧

REESE walked stubbornly towards the nurse's office.

He refused to admit that he tripped over nothing and now his head was bleeding.

"Of course," he whispered to himself, "Of course this would happen to me two seconds after I told everyone I am the least clumsy person ever."

He wasn't sure why he told everyone that, it wasn't like he would get an award. It was just him being a dumbass for no apparent reason. As usual.

Walking around the corner, he barely paid attention as he looked at the small pool of blood laying in the palm of his hand. He touched his forehead once more and groaned. Taking another step forward, he immediately rammed into someone.

The poor girl felt the impact as she fell backwards onto her butt groaning in pain. He rushed to grab her bag and folder before offering a hand her a hand. Taking it gratefully, she carefully got up and brushed herself off.

She mumbled a small 'thank you' before stuffing it in her bag. Heaving a sigh, she brushed her hair away from her face to get a look at the person who had managed to make her annoyed and thankful all at once. He felt terrible.

"I'm really sorry. I wasn't watching my ste—"

Stopping mid-sentence, recognization flickered across his expression as Tiana Reeves stood in front of him with shock on her face. Was this some kind of joke?

His head injury forgotten, he could only stare.

"Tiana," he whispered, his voice barely audible.

Eyes wide and mouth open, she struggled to respond as she realized completely who she was standing in front of.

"Reese," she breathed as the new information settled in her mind.

He swallowed hard.

"Yo—you're here."

Biting her lip, she looked down before glancing back up at him. Offering him a sheepish smile, she nervously laughed.

"Yep I'm here," she mumbled gesturing around herself awkwardly.

Neither spoke as both tried to justify why the other was here. He was frozen, confused. He blinked once. Then twice. He shook his head, laughing a little to himself at how ridiculous this whole situation was.

She nervously laughed along with him, but he quickly sobered up as his eyes hardened the slightest bit. The small smile on her face was gone in a flash.

She bit her lip and wrung her hands together. "You went to Le Viour Reese. What happened?"

He shrugged before chuckling a little. "Expelled."