27. Go

It had been a long time, you weren't sure exactly how long but it had been just over 2 months. Zetsu hadn't returned since they promised they would come back. You knew that they would but your impatience was kicking in. How much longer would you have to wait before he would come back?

Where were you right now? You were in a small cabin-like structure in the middle of a large forest. It was a place you had never been before but Zetsu convinced you that it was safe, nothing would happen to you there.

But right now you kinda hoped that something would happen, something that would at least entertain you for a moment. You stare out the window at your surroundings, sure you were here but Zetsu told you to stay inside. He said that once the world was fixed they would return to you, then you would both go back to your home in your forest. You smiled at the thought of that, how you wished to show your brothers and sisters this amazing man that you had met and fallen in love with. But why not now? Why didn't you just go home and meet up with Zetsu later? Why were you stuck here? There were so many unanswered questions and there was only one woman who had the answers to all of them.

"Mother", you call out into the empty cabin. You get no response but you feel as if there's a presence in the room with you. "I would like to see Zetsu again but he has asked me to stay here. I don't want to betray his trust and leave but he said he would come back and its been a very long time. What should I do?". You sit back and wait for an answer but you get nothing. You sigh and sit on the wooden floor, unintentionally having the flowers grow up from under the floorboards. But something that surprised you was that all of the flowers were the same, they were all half black and half white. I look up and see my mother standing before me, a sad smile on her face. "Go". Your eyes widen. She reaches toward you, taking your hand and pulling you up. You were too shocked to even respond. She places her hand on your back and pushes you toward the front door. "Go". 

You ran out of the door, smiling and waving to your mother as she watched you leave. Never had she seen you so happy, the last time she had seen a smile that bright was when you were with Haru. She couldn't help but let the water from her hollow eyes leak out and trail down the branches of her wooden body.

Once you started you never stopped. You ran as fast as you could for a very long time, stopping when you reached an area with a lot of energy radiating off of it. It was what the Akatsuki had referred to as 'chakra'. Personally, you had no affiliation with such a thing, your abilities were passed down from your mother, a goddess. These were the powers of a goddess, something that no mere human could fight against yet these humans were strong. Not only with physical strength but also power of the mind, determination to protect their loved ones. You peeked out from behind a boulder not too far away and watched as the collection of shinobi spoke. A few stood up higher than the others, giving words of encouragement. You were disappointed to see something such as a war taking place but you smiled at the way they stood tall, knowing that there was a chance they wouldn't return. Knowing that with all of their hard work they may die but with the possibility that they would win and in the end be able to be with the ones they loved. How you admired these people, they were mentally strong, a lot stronger than you anyway.

Words were exchanged about the Akatsuki. You sighed in disappointment knowing that you were apart of such a thing, a group which killed thousands of people only to kill more in a war. There were thousands of people here and you believed that they could do it, they would stand tall and fight for their loved ones. That was what it was about, wasn't it? All wars are the same. All we want is to know that our loved ones can sleep easy, knowing that they are protected and safe. And all I want is to see them win.

Well we're getting closer to the end, this story has been ongoing for quite a while now. Anyway I hope you enjoyed. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD