Chapter 11

Emma's POV

Beau pulled Skip aside and began talking to him, about me I assumed. I’m sure Lisa told Beau that I was going to stay with Skip now and Beau was just being nosy. It was awkward between me and Lisa, but I tried to break the tension a little bit.

“So Luke is missing now, too?”

Why did I just ask that? Obviously he is missing if we are going to look for him…

“Yeah, I’m really worried about Jai too. I just hope they are okay.”

There was an awkward silence yet again. How long were they going to be talking for?!  We stood there for a few more awkward minutes. I knew Lisa was mad at me. I would be mad at me too if I brought my friend all the way to Australia just to find out she is staying when you still have to go home. School didn’t start for another two weeks, so Lisa had plenty of time to still hang out. I don’t know why she wants me to go back so bad. I have nothing in Florida to look forward to.

“We should get going.” Beau said. I didn’t notice they were back already, so they startled me a bit. I was just so lost in my own thoughts.

Beau and Lisa walked in front of Skip and I. “Should we all split up like last time?” I suggested.

“Sure,” said Beau. “We will take this side, you guys get that side.”

It was the perfect time to find out what Beau and Skip talked about. As soon as we were far enough away so Beau and Lisa couldn’t hear us, I asked him.

“So what did you and Beau talk about?”

“Oh, it’s nothing.  Lisa told him that you were staying with me and he wanted to know if he… could help move your stuff when you are ready.”

“You hesitated… what did you really talk about?”

“That is what we about. Do you think I’d lie to you?”

“Well… no. I just want to be sure.”

He put his arm around me and we continued walking, but I still felt like he wasn’t telling me the truth…

JAI’S POV:

I woke up and I had no idea where I was. The room was small, but not too small and the walls were just plain white. The walls were probably about 15 feet long each. There was nothing else in the room besides me. I sat up and that’s when I saw Kerry still asleep on the floor. I crawled over to her to wake her up.

I shook her gently. “Kerry.” I whispered but she still didn’t wake up.

“Kerry.”  I said a little bit louder. Still nothing.

“Kerry, wake up.” Finally she woke up. She really had me nervous for a moment.

“Oh, hey baby.” She opened her eyes and looked so confused. “Wait… w-where are we?” she asked.

“I have no clue, but we need to get out of here. NOW.”

I heard a voice coming from the other side of the room.

Where do you think you are going so soon?”