One

Izzy locked the main entrance behind the workers and turned off the appropriate lights to the store, that left a row of auxiliary bulbs humming over the racks of clothes. She went to the office and plugged in her phone to the speaker system, there was a crackle and the Artic Monkeys came blaring overhead. A smile settled on her face as she started to sway to the music and ambled to the back door to make sure it was still propped open.

The song made her saunter by the racks of used coats and scarves to the furniture section. Wielding a simple wooden chair, she started to dance around it with the beat of the sultry rock track. Eyes closed she kicked her legs over and around the back of the chair professionally and with precision letting her hands run through her hot pink shoulder length hair.

***

Jeffery was sitting in his cruiser fidgeting with his phone when the scanner echoed after being silent for at least ten minutes. The dispatcher barked that there was a noise complaint coming from the Savers Thrift store called in by a passerby. The location made him look up from his phone. He could see Savers from his location across the street. He looked longingly at the Subway he was parked at mentally debated to take the call instead of get his usual midnight cookies.

He grabbed the radio and recited his call numbers to let them now he was in the area and would check on it.

The dispatcher came back "10-4 Detective,"