chapter 9

"I love this place." I said, lying flat on my back. My hair sprawled out on one of James' pillows. My pajamas were a simple tight, black booty shorts, with an old blue cotton t-shirt. It had a bra build into to it, making it the perfect thing to wear at night. James' room was perfect. Sheets as soft as a baby's skin.

He stood with his bare back to me inside his bathroom. "Glad it's up to your standards." I giggled.

It had been three days since the bonfire. Since I was accepted into the Silas Pack. Adrianna was a ball. She was so much fun to be around. She ended up taking me shopping with Mckayla and Michelle yesterday. We went to a massive mall in the middle of town. I bought black pumps, a white skirt, some books, a peach colored flowing crop top with spaghetti straps, black Chuck Taylors, sexy bras and panties, and a black bustier that Mckayla had dragged me into a Victoria Secret store to buy it all. All three girls helped me pick something out for when James and I complete the bond. A white lingerie dress. Most of my chest showed, ass was barely covered by a solid white thong. It had thin straps holding it up. All courtesy of the debit card that James had given me before we left.

"Easily removable." Said the clerk that had helped us out. Lingerie for sixteen years old might not have been smart. The truth was, I was terrified to have sex for the first time. I didn't know what to expect. James was older. I wasn't sure what his expectations were. And the thought of it made me want to run and hide. But, another part of me, was giddy, excited, amazed that this will eventually happen. He was all that I could ask for. My virginity was something that I cherished. I wasn't one of those girls who just threw the 'V' card away just to get it over with. It was something that meant a great deal to me. My mother drilled that into my skull from a young age. That, "You virginity isn't one of those obstacles that you just get over, it's something that you give to someone who you love and loves you back. Don't throw it away on someone that couldn't give a rat's ass about you later. Because you don't get it back."

That was the first time I had heard my mother cuss. As I grew older she did cuss more, as did I, but that sentence has stuck with me for the longest time.

"So that was a very productive day." One corner of my mouth turned up. "When do you have to go back Mckayla?" I asked, putting all my bags on the counter inside the kitchen. It was big. Around the same size as my old pack house.

She looked deep in thought. "Tomorrow morning." We had continued our conversation about her being here during the bond fire. She told my mother about her mate, because her real mother was a rogue. She had been a substance abusing she-wolf. My father had kicked her out of the pack because of her constant using. She said that telling my mother was hard because she was so young. But my mother, being the amazing women that she is, accepted the fact, and consulted the other females in the pack. All the girls decided that they should tell Mckayla's father, if she let them. She did. Her father wasn't the happiest, but knew exactly what she would feel if she was taken away, never to see him until she was older. So, she was allowed to come to the pack, once a month for one week, as long as she behaved, and as long as James let her. I couldn't be happier.

"Remind me to thank him for that later." I winked. Her hip connected with mine. Grabbing my Victoria Secret bag, she shook it in my face.

"Don't forget that you have something for that." I snatched it away. The three girls laughed. A laugh that hurt you stomach. A knee slapper.

Pine and mint hit my nose.

James.

I whirled around. "Hello James." The VS bag hiding behind my back. The girls laughed even harder.

His arms crossed over his chest, one corner of his mouth lifting. "What's so funny?" I looked at my friends who had stopped to look at me. A second later, they all laughed that much harder. Mckayla's falling to the floor, Michelle's faces turning bright red, Adrianna cursing in Spanish while slapping her knee. A heat rose from my throat up to my cheeks. Blushing in front of people was not something that I like doing. Especially James. My eyes were swayed back to him. He was standing only half a foot away now. His head bending forward, bending mine back. The VS bag was still behind me.