Favorite Ship

Alya has been a Ladynoir shipper since the superheroes' first debut, and probably the main reason why she clicked with Adrien.

She really appreciates Nino's understanding every time she ranted about her Ladyblog, and also her best friend Marinette for being supportive despite her angry streak every time she attempted to cover a very dangerous Akuma attack. But with Adrien?

Adrien's a Ladynoir hardcore fan.

If she has a new scoop about Ladybug and Chat Noir's relationship, Adrien would swoon with her. If she has a new post about Ladybug, Adrien would be the first to post a comment. If she uploaded a rare picture of Ladybug or a video footage of her solo patrols, Adrien would be the first to like it.

Sometimes they would share their Ladynoir collections to each other and often give recommendation list on fanfiction titles and fanarts that they could find about their favorite ship online.

It was hilarious to admit that her top visitor and commenter was Adrien, and his username Sunshine_Boy had her stomach in stitches for weeks.

Until one day, his dedication to Ladynoir faltered.

She didn't know when exactly it happened, but she noticed that his green eyes lost its vibrancy whenever she discussed some theories about Ladybug and Chat Noir's romance. He would crack an apologetic smile then made a non-committal hum every time she talked about the duo's dating life. And when she asked him about his indifference towards their favorite ship, he would answer "I found a new ship that I really want to sail."

And that was how Alya discovered Marichat.

It wasn't a secret to her that Marinette was often rescued by Chat Noir. May it be an Akuma attack or an unforeseen accident, the feline hero would always scoop her best friend and drop her to a safer place. It was quite baffling how Chat Noir shows up out of nowhere just to be with his Princess, a moniker that Marinette hated the most.

She interrogated her best friend multiple times about their relationship and her response was always 'Chat is just a friend'. Of course, she believed her.

But when Alya received a picture of Chat Noir together with Marinette under a Parisian moonlight, she was starting to think otherwise.

"Hey Alya, what is that?"

The bespectacled brunette shrieked when Adrien suddenly appeared beside her, and made her dropped her phone. He was swift enough to pick it up before her, and too intrusive to check the image on the screen.

"Is this...Marinette and Chat Noir?" he asked as he handed her the device.

Alya nodded briskly "I'm not sure if I should post this on Ladyblog or not, but this is an exclusive scoop and I have a feeling that some media outlets will release their own version in a few hours."

"Have you talked to Marinette about it?"

"I did. I immediately called her after I received this," she replied with a sigh "She gave me free reigns since she has nothing to hide about her connection with Chat. She told me that they weren't an item and there wasn't any 'budding romances'" she made a hand quote in the air "Happening between them."

"I see."

"But we're talking about my best friend here," Alya continued "And this picture is quite incriminating to LadyNoir fans out there - and to you."

The blond covered his mouth with the back of his hand as he snickered "You don't need to spare my feelings, Alya. I already accepted the fact that Ladynoir will never be a canon. Besides, I kinda liked Marichat anyway. I'm so on the board with that ship."

Oh no, the Ladyblogger's jaw slacked as she screamed internally, Why must I ruin my best friend's love life?

It took Alya a month to confess everything to Marinette about Adrien's recent obsession towards Marichat. She had ice creams, chocolates and a bunch of tissues ready before she broke the news, but those heartbreaking moments never came.

"How thoughtful of you, Alya," the raven-haired girl snorted much to her best friend's confusion "I know that Adrien will never see me that way. He has an eye on someone else...and so am I."

Alya loved her best friend and will always support her endeavors. But damn it, her heart felt like it was crushed to pieces upon realizing that her Adrinette ship has sunk deeply into the oblivion.

Especially when she personally witnessed how Ladybug and Adrien cuddled together near the Seine. She even snapped a picture of it as an evidence.

"Hey, is that the one from the Akuma attack yesterday?" she almost threw her phone towards the blond when his face suddenly came into view.

"How the hell you can pop out of nowhere without making any noises?!" Alya scowled indignantly as she slipped her phone into her pocket "And yes, that was a picture from yesterday's attack."

"Can I ask for a copy?"

"Go to my blog. I already posted the picture there," she scoffed.

"But it was a low-resolution image," he complained with a childish pout "I'd rather prefer getting it from the main source. Please?"

Damn him and his kitten eyes, she grumbled mentally as she pulled out her phone and forwarded the incriminating image "Just to let you know, I'm still a hardcore Ladynoir fan so expect that I will never give you my blessing unless you're Chat Noir."

"Oh really?" Adrien flashed a lop-sided grin "We'll see about that. Hey, Marinette!"

Alya choked her spit when the blond rushed towards her best friend excitedly and showed her the so-called 'Ladrien' image "Look how cute we are!"

Marinette glanced briefly at the image on his phone screen then darted him a beady glare "I don't know why you're trying to remind me of your foolishness yesterday."

"Excuse me, it wasn't foolishness," he crossed his arms "And I bet you will do the same thing if you're with Chat Noir."

"Wha - How - " the pig-tailed girl gaped with a profused blush "I - I will never!"

"Oh really?" Adrien moved closer with a tease evident in his voice "I thought you hate liars, my Lady."

My Lady?

"Don't make me pound your smug face with my fist, Kitty."

Kitty?

The blond sighed despondently "Too bad. I kinda want you to do something on my face aside from pounding it with your fist."

"What do you mean?"

And that was how Alya lost her cool that day when Adrien swooped Marinette for a lip-lock kiss.