Fury's POV

"Sir, the council wants to speak with you," an agent tells me.

I nod, "The deck better be running smooth when I get back." I heard a few mumbles and then turned to go to the screen room, and before I stepped through the door I heard Galiga noises. I sigh shaking my head and continued walking.

Finally, I make it to the screen room and the council is all there, waiting, "Fury. I see you took your time," a council member said.

I nod slightly, "Yes, I had to make sure my crew weren't playing any games."

"No matter, we have a mission for you," a female council member spoke up.

I raised my eyebrows slightly, "You have a mission for me? You do realize that I run a superhero initiative, don't you? Who specialize in missions. I have a crew to run here. I can't be chasing down bad guys, if I were to do that the entire crew would be sucking their thumbs not knowing what to do."

"I am sure that your deputy director agent Hill can manage them for a week or so."

"A week?"

"Yes, we need you to go and possibly recruit a new member for your team."

I looked at the council for a minute. Why would I need a new avenger? Are the avengers lacking? No, I think that they are doing just fine. They do their missions and come back with little to no problem. Why do they want me to get a new avenger? And even if I do need a new one why do I need to recruit them? I have a crew to run and all the avengers are currently not on missions so why can't they go? What is the council not telling me?

"Why do I have to recruit them? All the other avengers are currently doing nothing."

"This is a very complicated person to recruit. One wrong thing can send her over the edge and she might hurt someone. She has shown that she has what it takes to help people, but she can also hurt someone if she is not properly taken care of. And even though she can be very dangerous we feel it would be a shame to have her executed."

"And I ask again why can't you send someone like agent Romanoff to bring her in? They are both girls they should be able to find something in common."

"We have evaluated who should go and we think that agent Romanoff would not be delicate enough on this mission. There is a reason we are sending you, Fury. Pack enough casual clothes for about a week or so, maybe more, and be on the plane tomorrow before 12 pm. You will get a tablet on the plane that'll fill you in on what you are to do."

With that the screens went dark. Why would they not tell me everything now? Are they afraid that I won't see the mission through? I sigh and walk back to the deck trying to figure out what they possible would want me to do.

"Sir," agent Hill calls to me, "You are kind of distracted. That guy has been playing galiga since you left and you have yet to yell at him. If there is something on your mind you might want to retire for the night and think about it."

I look at agent Hill and sigh, "Make sure this ship doesn't come crashing down," I pause and look at the agent playing galiga, "and make sure you put the fear of god into him." Agent Hill nods and I make my way back to my room and start to pack my clothes, Should I bring a gun or knife just in case or should I not? The council said that something small can cause her to go off. I'll bring one in case she goes off and tries to harm me.

After I get done packing my clothes I notify all avengers to meet me in the meeting room, through the earpiece, and then make my way there. I guess I shouldn't tell them exactly what I am doing, that could compromise the mission. "What did you call us in here for?" Stark asked.