Original | Chapter Five

~ONE MONTH LATER~

"Banner! Wake up!" Kelsie yells.

She lightly slaps my cheeks, but I keep my eyes tightly closed, resisting the urge to laugh.

"Five more minutes," I groan.

She huffs, and I can feel her slight weight ease up from the mattress. Suddenly, cold moisture splashes onto my face. I sit up abruptly to find Kelsie holding an empty glass.

"Please tell me that was water," I drag my palm down my face in an effort to wipe away the liquid.

"Duh," she smirks, setting the glass on my nightstand.

With a groan, I flop my head back onto my pillow and shut my eyes.

"No, you're getting up right now," Kelsie insists, tugging at my blanket. "And put some clothes on, Banner! This isn't a photo shoot for men's underwear!"

Even though I'm trying to fall back asleep, I can't help but chuckle.

"Why do you want me to get up so badly?" I return to my sitting position.

Her jaw drops, and she smacks the back of my head.

"Ow! What was that for?" I rub my head with a frown.

"Does meeting Demi hot as fuck Lovato ring a bell?"

"First off: watch your mouth. Second: that's today?"

She nods with a 'duh, stupid' expression.

"Shit," I groan again, rising to my feet.

"I asked a girl on Twitter what's a reasonable time to show up, and she said around six thirty," Kelsie informs.

"What time is it now?" I yawn.

"Eight."

I widen my eyes.

"You got me up at eight when we don't have to leave for another nine hours?"

"We have to get ready, and you have to dye my hair," she shrugs.

A couple of days ago, I took Kelsie shopping to buy a couple of little things for the concert such as glow jewelry and a purse to carry her phone, camera, money, and everything else in. Not only did she get that, but she also got a whole new outfit, black-light sensitive makeup, and temporary hair dye.

"Fine," I huff. "Do we have enough time to squeeze breakfast into your busy schedule?" I sarcastically inquire.

"You might, but I-,"

"Oh, no, you're eating."

"But-,"

"Nope."

"Banner,-"

"No, Kelsie."

She huffs and crosses her arms over her chest. I crouch and lift her up over my shoulder.

"Put me down, Banner!" She screeches, pounding her tiny fists against my bare back.

"No can do," I smirk, entering the kitchen.

I place Kelsie on the counter. She glares at me.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Nothing."

I shoot her a look, holding the refrigerator door agape.

"Nothing."

"That's not a good enough answer, Kels."

"Absolutely nothing."

Rolling my eyes, I rummage through the fridge. Deciding that I want pancakes, I grab a container of blueberries.