Outtake | Ch. 13 | [2016]

"That's Adaliah?" Kelsie gasps at the skinny brunette who is standing on the front porch when we pull up outside Demi's house. 

"Why do you both find it so surprising that she's actually attractive?" Demi wonders.

"Maybe because I was expecting some Norma Bates type of woman," Kelsie mutters, and Demi scoffs. "The woman standing on the porch doesn't look crazy at all, even if she is glaring at us."

"I learned the hard way that a pretty face sure can hide one hell of a personality," Demi says before popping open her car door when I cut the gas. "Stay here, okay?" Her voice is soft as she shifts her eyes back and forth between Kelsie and me. 

"I'm not going to sit here and watch while she belittles you," I tell her. "We're all going inside."

The popstar rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "I had a feeling you'd be stubborn about this."

I smirk. "It was my idea to come here after all."

"I'll bring the bat," Kelsie chimes,  reaching behind the row of back seats for the metal object.

"Kels, I really don't think you'll be needing it." I chuckle at her eagerness. 

She turns back around in her seat with a frown. "Fine. I won't bring it in with us, but do not think that I won't come back out here and get it if she says or does something stupid. I'm not afraid to start swinging."