Chapter 1: Blood (self harm trigger warning!)

Light reflected off of my blade as I studied it. Blood dripped from it, and I let out a small sob. It happened again. It always happens. I can't mess up. I heard someone bang on the door causing me to jump, opening my fresh cuts in the process. I winced as I heard his voice through the door. "Hey! What are you doing in there?!" I quickly pulled down my hoodie sleeve and put the blade in its usual hiding spot; bathroom cabinet under the gauze. "N-nothing babe, just...freshening up.. " I replied. "That better DAMN WELL be what you're doing! I'm STILL waiting for you to stop being a little bitch and make my dinner!" He yelled. I felt a tear splatter into my hand. How did I ever end up in a relationship with him? "Yes...I'm coming.." I said, standing and unlocking the bathroom door. I looked up to see a not so happy Kalob, my boyfriend, standing there with a stone cold glare. I looked him dead in the eyes, not daring to look away. "MAKE MY DINNER NOW!" I winced and whimpered. "Yes sir!" I said, scampering past him downstairs. I had to get out of here. My parents passed away when I was young due to a car accident, so my boyfriend decided to invite himself in and "care for me". I hadn't said a word about him to anyone. I walked downstairs and he followed close behind. Kalob was a cheetah, so he was naturally tall and intimidating to me, and often towered over me like a giant. He kissed me on the forehead. "Thanks babe. I just realized I left my coat at the bar from last night, so I'm gonna go grab it. And..." He set his hand on my shoulder and have it a death grip. I yelped. "S-stop that hurts!" He ignored my plea and finished his sentence. "Dinner better be ready by the time I get back. GOT IT?!" I whimpered. He sank his claws into my arm causing blood to spill from the form fabric of my hoodie. "I said...got it?"
"Yes!" I cried out and he let go. "Good." And just like that he was out the door. I collapsed to the floor and started crying. I can't keep dealing with him! My arm stung as I cried hard but I didn't care. I got up slowly and walked to the bathroom. With every step i took to the bathroom a thought raged in my mind. 'Runaway.' I reached the bathroom and grabbed the disinfectant. I dabbed at the spot, and wrapped it tightly. I looked in the mirror. Claw marks. Bruises. Bite marks. "I'm leaving." I said out loud to myself. I put the wrap back in the cupboard and matched to my room. I threw in a tank top and basketball shorts, and wrapped my cut arms as well. I grabbed a backpack, and put everything I could in it. Food, clothes, water, and finally the 500 dollars he put in my dresser for his cigarettes. I put my combat boots on, and doing the backpack around my shoulders. I wrote a note. It simply stated this:

I'm done being your maid.

I nodded in satisfaction, and grabbed my phone and charger.I took one last look at the table. Sitting on it was his snapback. It was pretty simple, just a black and red harley Quinn design. I grabbed it and put it on as a trophy to taunt him. I marched out of the house. I took a deep breath. I'm gonna go everywhere but here.