Chapter 3-The Tree Village

"Hault. Your name, sir?" one of the guards said who stood to the right of the gate.

Coal was panting and then said after a few seconds "Coal Shadowlight. Now, will you let me in or will I have to beat you up too."

The guard hesitated for a second at the threat, then said "Oh alright, fine. You may go in." with a slight trace of fear as he pulled the lever which opened the gates.

Coal smirked and then laughed as he passed the guard. He jogged to one of the empty and abandoned small buildings a few miles away. Most of the buildings in the village were inside this massive tree with had layers that contained the buildings, markets, streets, shops, houses, and the highest layer had a castle. The tree was three stories high and had been hollowed out for the village. There were hovering elevators and ladders that was used for transportation. As a source of light, there were floating lanterns scattered everywhere. There were also bridges across several layers for wheeled items.

He climbed up one of the close by ladder to the fifth story of the tree. There was a small hut type building on the right corner by the tree bark. Coal walked over to the hut, as they streets were bustled with carts, people, animals, and other items. After a few seconds, he arrived inside of the hut. Inside, it was mostly empty and there was dust all over the place. On top of that, there was a torn tapestry on the back wall that hung diagonally. There were a few dusty big pillows, and the color on them that once use to be there was faded away by the sunlight or age.

Coal set Knightmare gently down on two of the pillows. He turned around and headed to the shelf, which was cluttered with books and bottles of potions, on the left wall. As he grabbed a few items, he wiped away the few tears that had escaped his eyes. After a few seconds, he came over to Knightmare and knelt beside her as he read a book. A few tries later, Coal made the exact copy of the potion that was in the book, which was written old english. He carefully poured it over her wounds. Nothing, happened.

He placed his head on her stomach and just laid there with his knees bent. Coal had wrapped his arms around his head. Then he laid there with just pure silence filling the room, except the streets sounds outside. He had already checked her pulse, she didn't have any. After a few seconds, he got to his feet and then leaned against the wall facing her as a few tears ran down his face.

'She is dead isn't she... I mean, she doesn't have a pulse. Ugh, I give up.. I am going to just pour some water on her to wash that blood off.' he thought as he grabbed a bucket of water that sat in one corner. After a few seconds, he came back and poured it all over, washing all the blood away and through the wooden floor. Then he sat down facing her and his back leaning on the wall as he had his head on his knees and his arms wrapped around his head.

Then he felt a hand on his head and someone quietly said "If you think that I'm dead, then guess what, you're wrong. I suppose it's a good thing for this time anyways."

Coal slowly looked up and said "Knightmare? What the heck? How are you still alive?" and slightly laughed and added "Also I am usually not wrong, just saying."

"Welp there something called being unconscious. Also when it comes to me, you could be wrong in a lot of things." she said as she sat up and drank some water. Within seconds her wounds healed itself.

He laughed and then said "Well, okay so then if you don't have a pulse how are you alive."

"Now, who said I have a pulse in the first place?"

"But how? Seriously, like usually when someone doesn't have a pulse their dead. Also I am glad you're not dead."

"Hmmm... Good question. I'm not normal, that's all I have to say, but most human logic don't apply for me."