Chapter 18-Lost and Found

After the man had left, Knightmare went to go find Coal. She stood in the grassy meadows, as she looked out at the city that once stood tall and was in complete ruins. As she just looked at the landscape, the gentle wind blew across the grass which made them undulate. The sky looked as if it was covered with a dark white blanket, due to all the clouds covering every inch of the sky.

Knightmare used her tracking skills, and found that Coal wasn't on that planet either. She was about to leave, when she thought of the portal that lead to the base. 'Yet, that might have been erased from existence as the boss is probably clever enough and made sure that no one could ever get back there.' Knightmare thought as she walked over to the forest.

She looked for the one tree that opened the portal. Knightmare found it and opened the portal, which rim or border was green instead of dark blue. She walked through the portal and it closed behind her leaving Knightmare to walk in the pitch darkness on the other side. Knightmare decided to just go to the hallway of the base.

Soon the pitch darkness vanished and was replaced by the ruins of the whole base, just a massive pile of cobblestone, burnt out torches, and the leftovers of the iron cells. Knightmare stood there on the ruins and looked around at the landscape. There was the withering and dried up desert that reached out all the way to the horizon. A few cactuses and mirages spotted the landscape. The golden sun beat down upon the dried land.

Knightmare started to search the ruins of the base that were several feet above the desert ground. After a few hours, she had moved several pieces of the base out of the way and found her way down to the hallway. All that time, she hadn't found Coal or even any sight of him. As the sunset and Knightmare was about to give up, when she went over to the nearest cactus and sat down next to it and faced the ruins. She put her head down on her knees and sighed.

A few seconds after just sitting there thinking, Knightmare heard the something move in the ruins. She decided to go and investigate what it was. Knightmare got closer and closer and out of the darkness behind the cobblestone, a small fat rat scampered out and ran in the other direction. She was slightly startled at the rat and took a few steps back, and heard a loud crunch sound. Knightmare looked down and saw a bloody and tan hand.

Knightmare moved the cobblestone pieces next to it, with a bit of difficulty but one minute later she did it. She saw Coal who laid facing the ground, unconscious, and his back to Knightmare, and he was covered in blood. Knightmare sighed and dragged Coal's body out to the dry desert and nearby a cactus. She laid Coal on the sand and tool some bandages out from her pouch. Then wrapped Coal's wounds and use some wood to support any broken bones. Coal just laid on the sand with his eyes closed as Knightmare did all of this.

When Knightmare finished and sat back after washing her hands, she heard a slow clapping from behind her. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Knightmare or Scarlet Blade. " someone said as they walked to Knightmare.

"Knightmare is fine. Who are you exactly." Knightmare said as she turned around and saw the boss.

"Knightmare, how did you get past the spell that had destroyed all entrance and exits from this place." the boss said and ignored her question.

"Magic~"

"Okay, sure. Good going, you killed him. Now, what are you doing to about Scorch and him being dead, huh?"the boss said villainously.

"Nothing. Nice to see your not dead." Knightmare said slightly annoyed at him.

"Oh I don't die that easily. Now, I didn't just come here to talk."

"Then get out of my face and leave me alone."

"Shut up. You're coming with me. Now!" The boss said roughly pulled Knightmare up so she was standing.