Obedience will reward you

1 Samuel 15:22

 22  Samuel said, “Does the LORD delight as much in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the LORD? Surely, to obey is better than sacrifice, to pay attention is better than the fat of rams.

Throughout the entire Bible, God is asking for obedience more than anything from His people. Even right now He still asking for obedience from us and knows that obedience has a great reward than sacrifice.

Most of the time we think of God as this person who can just be overthrown by us with the "God will understand" speech, forgetting that He is God and demands obedience from us at all times. If we do not obey God then it's obvious that we are rebels against God.

Obedience doesn't mean you must like what you are asked to do or that it should be easy, it's about you putting aside your feelings and doing what was asked of you. Obedience can also be interpreted as honoring the one who sends or asked, in our case, we honor God when we obey Him.

Scripture also relates obedience to love. When our love for the Lord is made whole, it is a second nature for us to obey Him. Meaning we don't obey out of fear because He did not give us the spirit of fear, but He rather wants us to do it out of love for Him. We can't obey God if we don't love Him.

John 14: 15
15  “If you love me, keep my commandments"

1 John 5: 2
This is how we know that we really love the children of God. We know it when we love God and obey his words.

But it doesn't just end at us being obedient to God, but He promised a reward for our obedience to Him.

Deuteronomy 11:26–28
Sums it up like this: "Obey and you will be blessed. Disobey and you will be cursed."

In the New Testament, however, we learn through the example of Jesus Christ that believers are called to a life of obedience and not the other way around. So once again Jesus Christ is the perfect example which we have to imitate and follow, not our feelings, thoughts or ideas.

Disobedience already is counted as sin to God, remember the devil is an example of disobedience. If you are living such a life what difference is there between you and the devil?  That is why Jesus Christ came to show us a different example so that we don't follow the wrong but instead follow the right which is Himself. And therefore the type of lives we lead today should be a reflection of Christ as an act of obedience to the Lord.

And surely we will receive our reward from God because He is no man to lie nor a son of man to repent.

Philippines 2:8
 And when He was a man, He made himself even less important. He obeyed God so completely that he died. He even died on a *cross!

If our Lord Jesus Christ was this much obedient to the Father's will, that He died on the cross for us, how much more should we be obedient to show how much we love Christ and will follow Him fully?

Enough sacrifices are made, its time to rather be obedient to the Lord. We made too many sacrifices that hurt us so much in return, let's now obey and rest in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.