iv

John was much better at texting and even then, most of the time him and Lucas were talking it'd be them sending memes to each other. Lucas was always the one to start conversation, which made the quiet boy wonder how much he knew about John than he led on. Or was he able to identify these things about John without him realizing it?

Monday had come too fast and John found himself laying on his bed, the time being 12:39 am, as he thought about how unreal everything felt. His crush, on the cutest boy around, was actually talking to him and (at least) didn't seem bothered by him. His face flushed at the thought of him and Lucas becoming close. His body began to heat up as his imagination ran wild, thinking of various situations and he was excited when he heard his phone ding next to him with a familiar, funny tone that John had only assigned to one specific person.

cute boyy <3 12:39 am

Do u ever die on the inside and outside bc ryan accidentally sends you nudes

John had to muffle his laughter as he read through what he had just been sent again, wondering how the hell you send someone nudes accidentally.

myself 12:40 am

how the fuck do you send nudes on accident??

cute boyy <3 12:40 am

What did you do? I sucked dick on accident. How do you suck dick on accident?!?!!

myself 12:41 am

?

cute boyy <3 12:41 am

Do you not remember that vine?

Panic rose in John's chest and he realized how dumb he was. He should've been caught up on vines so he could understand Lucas' jokes fully (this was the first time, then again, Lucas had quoted a not-so-well known vine). Should he lie? Should he straight up tell Lucas that hey, sorry, I don't watch vines but for you I'd watch all of the vine compilations that exist. Curse him and his inability to lie.

myself 12:42 am

sorry ive never rlly watched vines

cute boy <33 12:42 am

Omg today at tech im making you watch them with me

myself 12:43 am

sounds good!!

John was a fool for him.

///

"John!" Marcel's loud greeting at lunch made the brunette sigh in exasperation as he glanced up at his friend who had his phone in one hand and a notebook in the other.

"Hey." After he spoke, John reached towards his bag and grabbed his water, realizing how dry his voice sounded.

"So guess what?" Marcel's tone was on edge but excitement was hidden behind it and John was curious why and how Marcel hadn't sent any texts to him personally or the group chat.

"What happened?" John was full of curiosity as his best friend sat down, the others at their table were currently running late so it was only him and Marcel.

"You know David is an actor and he's good friends with Brock and Brian," as he said their names, Marcel's cheeks grew increasingly redder and John chuckled lightly at the sight. "And he got me in a group chat with them, saying it was for some stupid tech-actor bonding thing and they were all for it and all day I've been messaging them and holy shit John, they're such cute texters I want to fucking make out with their asses." Marcel's comment caused John to almost drop his phone in hand.