Chapter 1: Enter the Heroes

The sound of cueballs smacking up against the billiards tables echoed all around the bar, matched in volume only by Guns 'N Roses's "Knocking on Heaven's Door" and the inhebriated choir that sang along to it. This was a regular night at Doogan's, the ordinary bar frequented by unordinary people. Yes this was a bar that harbored everything from infamous criminals to political figures, though sometimes it was hard to see the difference.
Doogan's was a place where everyone was accepted and the booze flowed like the Mississippi. The only rules were don't fight the bar staff and always pay your tab. The roar of Harleys' were suddenly heard outside, and a gang of bikers walked in. Not one patron turned away from their own business to pay attention to this.
This particular biker gang, the Wyrms, were especially fond of causing trouble, it's difficult to find a victim however, if everyone is ignoring you. Their leader, Rusk, looked around, and saw a booth with one man sitting down enjoying a glass of scotch on the rocks. Rusk grinned as he headed over to his target of choice.
"Yer in my spot bub, beat it or me and my boys are gonna have ourselves a new punching bag, last one broke on account of it "accidentally" getting stabbed." The man did not lift his gaze from his glass as he smiled and said "Make sure to stab me on purpose then, death would be a much sweeter fate than having to keep smelling you guys for another minute." Rusk stabs a bowie knife into the table. "Ya think yer funny bub?"
"I think I'm hilarious actually". The man replied sipping his drink. "Alright, yer asking for it now." Said Rusk as he takes the knife and raises it in the air. "I'm not asking for anything pal." The man said calmly, taking another sip. A hand grasps Rusk's arm as he was bringing the blade down on the man midway. A woman, with a grip of steel, stands in between him and the man. "She, on the other hand, might be." The man says as he swirls his scotch.

"These guys bothering you, Alan?" She said not breaking eye contact with Rusk. "No Keva, they just politely inclined I should be their new punching/stabbing bag." "Is that so?" Keva replies. She looks at Rusk "Threaten my boyfriend again, and I'll tear off that Brillo pad you're trying to pass off for a beard and shove it up your ass." Rusk pulls away and laughs "Yer gonna let yer woman talk fer ya, boy?"
"Actually I do the talking, she does the fighting, speaking of doing, you should do what she says, that beard looks uncomfortable enough as it is, and she has a temper." Alan says as he downs half his glass. The biker crew stands around Rusk, waiting to see the outcome. Rusk looks down on Keva and turns around. "You ain't worth the trouble, ya stupid bitch." Keva lifts an eyebrow, and starts to tremble as her fists clench. "Yeah, you guys are fucked now." Alan finishes his drink. Keva yells and jumps onto Rusk, fists in the air, pulling strands of beard as the man screams in agony.
The other bikers gather around to try and help him, one of them getting their face smashed in by an empty glass thrown by Alan, who then grabs a pool cue. Just when it seems like Doogan's is going to have another annual bar brawl, Rusk goes flying out the front door. Keva then stands up, beard in hand and asks "Alright who's next." The bikers bolt out the door after their leader and soon the roar of Harleys starts fading away.
The odd couple looks around, none of the bar patrons seemed to have noticed anything. "Could you throw away the beard?, that has to be a health code violation." Alan says as Keva tosses the beard aside. "Does this place look like it's had a health inspector?" "I take one bathroom break and you're already getting into trouble." She says with a sigh.
"Well, you didn't fall in love with me for my safe lifestyle did you?." Alan smirks. "When has it ever been safe with you?" Keva chuckles as she orders a beer while Alan gets another glass of scotch. Alan lifts his glass "A toast so it may never be so." Keva clinks her bottle against it. "Speaking of which, I hope you're ready for some more danger, because there is alot of it due on our next journey." "What did a crime boss hire us again?" Keva scoffs "I don't think I need to remind you about last time with the Yakuza and  the..." "Shhh, I don't think you do either." Alan whispers and looks around. "No this is more of a personal matter, see I want to find the greatest treasure of them all." "And what is that?". Keva inquires. Alan looks her dead in the eye, holds her hand and smiles. "We are going to find the source of all joy." Keva returns the stare "That's definetly intriguing." "Well what do you say, Darkdoll, are you in?" Keva leans in closer "To Joy it is then, Ace." They sealed it with a kiss.