The Dancer

"ISABEL COME ON YOU DONT WANT TO BE LATE FOR YOUR FIRST DAY!" My mother yelled .

"I'm coming!"

I'm Isabel . I'm 14 years old. And my family and I just moved recently .. She found the "perfect" job here in Chicago. I don't hate it here.. But I just don't want to be known as "the new girl" at school.

"Isabel if I have to ask you again to come downstairs-"

"Mom I need to get dressed!"

"Well hurry up" she said.

She left closing my door behind her.

When I finished getting dressed I ran down the stairs and sat down at the dinning table to eat.

"what's your rush?" My baby sister Lizzy asked.

Lizzy was only 6 years old and you'd be surprised how many words she knows.

"First day of school Lizzy.. I just can't be late" I said.

"Okay Isabel time to go" my mom says as she cleans up the table.

I pick up Lizzy and started walking to my Mom's car.. I put Lizzy in the car and put on her seatbelt.

"That's not fair you always get to sit in front!" Lizzy said

I didn't want to explain to her because it would turn into an argument, and Lizzy never stops when it comes to arguments.

I sat in the front while my mom just came into the car. She starts to drive.

"Are you nervous sweetie?" She asked.

"Of course not. I mean why would I be? I'm only just gonna get a lot of attention that I don't want to get." I said in sarcasm.

"Oh sweetie.. It'll be okay.. Just have fun!"

It got silent after she said that .. In 10 minuets I reached my new school. I came out the car.

"Isabel?"

"Yes mom?"

"Have fun" she said.

I started walking towards the school building and I bumped into a group of girls. I could already tell they hate me from the look on their faces.

"Watch where your going freak." One said. The others just laughed.

"I'm sorry."

"No your not. You think that saying sorry will let you slide.. But you don't actually mean it." She smiles. "But the next time you do that again you will be."

"Okay" I said.

They walked past me and the girl that talked to me a few seconds ago.. Bumped into me.. And that was on purpose. I could tell already.. That I'm going to hate this school.

And lucky for me I bumped into another girl. She looked Goth.

"I'm sorry. I guess bumping into people is my thing now" I said

She laughed.

"It's okay I'm Alex by the way" she said.

"Oh .. Nice to meet you Alex I'm Isabel."

"Nice to meet you too. So who was the first person you bumped into?"

"A group of girls" I said.

Her eyes grew bigger.

"You mean Linsey and the rest of them?" She asked.

"Yeah I guess so but she never really told me her name.. She wasn't very friendly"