Practice

It was dance class I stood in the long line. I was nervous my hands started to shake..

"Alex."

"Yes?" She said.

"Do you know how to dance?"

"A little but if they don't let me in I would understand" she said.

"Okay."

"Hello I am Mr.Bright" he said.

"Hello" the class said.

"I will call your name. And you will audition to be in the dance class. If you make it .. Be ready to work really hard. If you don't make it well.. You know how that goes and if you don't think your ready.. Just leave now." He said.

No one left.. I was thinking about leavening but then I saw Daniel looking at me.. He was sitting next to Linsey .. They looked like they were the judges..

"You will be judged by these two students and myself.. They have what it takes to be professional dancers.. That is why they will judge you.. I will call your name by the list you signed." He said.

Something told me since I forgot to sign my name.. Daniel did.

"First up Lilly" he said.

Lilly did okay.. But I don't think they were looking for anyone that did just okay.. They wanted people that were perfect .. Usually it's two judges that have to agree for you to be in the class.. So if Linsey doesn't pick me.. I'll still be fine. Hopefully.

"Next up Thalia" he said.

As people were dancing Linsey laughed.. Daniel kept a straight face.. He looked like he was waiting for someone..

"Next up Alex" he said.

I was amazed. Alex did amazing. But what surprised me more was that Linsey was still laughing.. I don't know why.. Alex actually did a great job..

"Next is Isabel"

I walked to the front.. First thing I learned when my father taught me dance .. Was to always be confident In every move it makes your dance look good. The music played.. And I started to go with it .. Every beat made my feet move.. My body just went with it.. I kept a smile on my face .. I thought about the times my father and I danced.. How fun it used to be.. The music made me feel like I was in a different place. When the music went off I stopped.. I felt like I did great.. Not only because Linsey wasn't laughing but because Daniel was smiling.. And because I wanted to do it again.

After dance it was time to leave.. Daniel stopped me when everyone was leaving.

"Just make sure to lock the door when your done." Mr.bright said.

"Okay" Daniel said.

"Yes?" I asked after Mr.bright left.

"Let's talk about the way you dance" he said.

My heart dropped.

"What about it?" I asked.

"Your good, But your a little stiff."

"So I didn't make it?"

"You'll find out tomorrow but I just feel like you could've done so much better."

"Um yeah maybe I can."

"Can you dance one more time for me? A different dance .. Something you've done before."

"Okay" I said.

"What song?" He asked

"It's called the dancer"