SIX

The two girls walked side by side to the main room on the second floor. Camille prepared herself to act surprised. The two girls made small talk about little things from seasons to colors.

  Camille could hear someone whisper "she's coming," as her and Wanda approached the large ballroom doors. She supposed they had forgotten about her super-hearing.

  Camille slowly turned to face Wanda who was looking forward with a smile as big as a New York City building. Camille couldn't help but stare at her. The smile she wore could light up the entire planet.

"What?" Wanda still wore a huge grin on her face as she turned to face Camille.

"You just look so happy."

"I am happy, Aren't you?"

"Of course, you just look so cute." Wanda blushed and grabbed Camille's soft hand.

"Ready?" Wanda whispered almost inaudibly so only Camille could hear. The raven haired girl nodded and got ready to act.

"Wanda, I don't want to go to Stark's stupid business party I hate snotty rich people," Camille spoke loudly so the people she knew were behind the door could hear.

"Oh c'mon Cami, it'll be fun." When Wanda finished her sentence she pulled open the large doors.

"Suprise!" Everyone on the team and a few other people Camille had not met yet jumped out and screamed.

"Oh my god!" Camille acted as surprised as she could and apparently she was a good actress because they seemed convinced. She walked towards the group of people with a smile on her face. "Thank you guys," Camille hugged everyone.

"Camille, this is Sharon Carter," Steve motioned to the blonde woman standing next to him.

"Nice to meet you, Camille."

"Nice to meet you too, Sharon. Excuse me," Camille walked off to the drink table where a few teammates stood.

"It's great to have you on our team Camille."

"I'm excited for a change in pace." Camille smiled at Natasha while grabbing a fancy glass and filling it with cherry Coke.

"So you're a cherry coke kinda girl?"

"I suppose I am," Camille looked up from pouring the soda and met eyes with Sam.

"I would have pegged you for a grape soda person."

"Gross, that's the worst one."

"Damn I'm really off my game then."

"I guess so Sammy."

"Fine, Wolfie," Camille groaned at the name while Sam laughed at her disgust. Camille sauntered off to where Wanda was standing.

"This place is honestly dead. I would have rather it was a business party at least then I could have snuck some alcohol." Wanda turned around at the sudden voice.

"Camille, it's for you."

"I know and I appreciate it but it's boring. I mean one of the attendees is a robot. Another is a 100 year old man who has been asleep since the 40's. One is a 'genius playboy philanthropist' or something stupid like that. There's a dude with an eye patch over there I mean what is this a costume party?"

"But theyre you're team members, Cam."

"I know and I love them so far, but I don't really think they know how to party. This is more like a fundraiser or a cheese tasting event. I would have rather we all just eat ice cream and watch my favorite movie not drink soda out of wine glasses and pretend like I know what the hell Shakespeare was talking about when he flapped his lips." Wanda laughed at Camille's remarks.