22. Memories of her

I woke up as the morning before, blinded by the light that was shining trough my window and completely alone in my bed. I slowly stood up, looked out the window and yawned.

I wondered why Hidan needed to rush back last night. It was the first time this happened and it felt out of place. It felt as if that would be the last time, I would see him.

Deep into my thoughts I took a fast shower and made myself some sandwiches so I would have something to eat on my way.

I got dressed, packed my stuff and left for Naruto's training grounds. I wanted to watch Naruto's progress because after all, he still was a member of my team and I needed to know about his abilities. Also a little drawing practice can never be a bad idea so I quickly made my way to the training.

After I arrived, I searched for a nice and hidden spot so the guys would not see me, but so that I could still draw. I took a place on the ground and I started to eat my breakfast, as I was looking at the three guys in front of me.

Naruto was hardly training with his many clones. It was an army full of Narutos. Then, between the many Narutos, I spotted Yamato which sat on the ground making his seal for the nine tailed. He seemed exhausted to speak the least. And then, not far away from Yamato, I saw Kakashi chilling on a wooden bench.

I found it amusing how Naruto was doing the hard training, Yamato had the hard work of keeping the nine tailed sealed and Kakashi, he was just laying on a bench and reading his books. I could not believe it, after all, he also convinced Yamato to make him a bench. I was sorry for Yamato because I knew how Kakashi often acted towards him.

Me and Yamato, or should I say Tenzou, never got along very well in the Anbu. He was cold and somewhat creepy, but I always respected him.
Then when we all became a team, we started to get along better because of Kakashi. They were close friends since they were teens and I respect each of Kakashis friends, so we started to talk more and were actually getting along very well.
Tenzou wasn't the cold and creepy guy he seemed to be while we were in the Anbu. He is kind and funny but has a hard time to be a leader because no one seems to actually see him as such. Even Kakashi often sees him as a student of his and makes fun of him. It had to do with their past and the fact that Tenzou was younger.

I often took his side when Kakashi tried to trick and make fun of him and I guess that's how I got Tenzou's trust in the first place. Even tho we now get along,  he still keeps distance to me, out of respect for Kakashi.

I let out a giggle as I imagined the scene of Kakashi convincing Yamato to do the bench. I would have loved to see it in person but I couldn't.

Just as I thought about it I started to feel empty and sad. All the beautiful moments of the past were now only memories and never would our team be like it was before because of our break up.

I finished my breakfast, took my sketchbook out and started drawing for some time, till I spotted Sai.

He was standing near the end of the forest and was also looking at the many Narutos in front of us.
I packed my stuff and made my way towards Sai, not thinking about the fact that Kakashi could see me.

"Hi Sai!" I exclaimed happily, standing next to him.

"Hello Ayumi." he replied with his fake smile.

"Funny that we meet here!" I said with a soft voice, looking at Sai.

"I come here every day, to see if he makes any progress. After all, we are a team and its good to know each others abilities." Sai talked with a fake smile.

"Yeah, that is true!" I replied smiling. "But it seams as if he does work really hard. He always works hard for his goals." I continued speaking, looking at Naruto and remembering the many stories Kakashi and Jiraiya told me about the blonde boy.