Is This Yours?

Again, I was awoken by the golden beams of sunshine catching my eye. The side of me was cold, empty, Jamie had already got up and by the looks of it was dressed and ready for the day. He wasn't usually an early bird, he's probably just very excited to be here.

I stayed in bed for a couple more minutes, just thinking mindlessly about how lucky I was to have a boyfriend like Jamie. I could smell a trail of eggs and burning toast. That could only mean one thing, Jamie was attempting to cook. I should probably get up before he burns the whole place down I thought to myself.

Flinging the covers off my legs I felt the wave of cold air hit me, I slipped my feet into some thick socks and put on my dressing gown. Waddling to the kitchen where the smells were coming from. Normally, the smell would make anyone's nose scrunch, however this food smelt almost pleasant.

I silently opened the door to the kitchen living room, hoping to surprise Jamie, however when I found Emma in there too my plans were foiled. They were cooking together, I'm glad they were getting along. I was almost frozen to the spot as I noticed how well they got on. Jamie was smiling happily, as he attempted to scrape an egg off the pan, it slowly blackened the longer he left it. Normally, when I had tried to teach him he got frustrated and handed it to me. But I guess that was one of Emma's skills. 

I sat down on the Sofa still peacefully watching the pair enjoy themselves. I feel as though normally I would be getting jealous because of their closeness, but I trust Jamie, he loves me and I love him back. He can have these friends. I would hate to start drama on the first day anyway!

"Here, hand it over. You're making a mess of the pan." Emma giggled to Jamie, how was she so perfect. Jamie reluctantly handed it over, his stubbornness showing.

"I was managing! Why don't I do it and you help?" Jamie faked whined, grabbing the pan back off her. She placed her hand over his on the spatula and began to scrape. I'd never had many moments like this with Jamie, he wasn't a very intimate person.

So why was he like this with Emma?

"See, I can do it now." Jamie said once the egg was free. He placed them down, still holding onto Emma's hand. They were stood chest to chest facing eachother. Just smiling. I didn't like how this was going anymore. I needed to make them know I was here...

"Goodmorning!" I beamed at the two, pretending I saw nothing. As soon as a single sound escaped my mouth the pair dived apart like polar opposites. That confirmed my suspicions of anything occuring between the two. No way was that really going to happen, if I hadn't said something would they have...? No, I don't even want to think about it.

"Morning! Sleep well babe?" Jamie asked, he was acting completely normal. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would have believed him too. All I could do was go along with it. It wasn't worth getting off on a bad foot.

"Like a log, thankyou for joining me." I wanted to make it clear to Emma that he was mine for the keeping.

"I believe I had no say in the matter." He teased back at me," I made you eggs and toast." He handed me a plate that he's just dished up.

Gratefully I took it, nervous about the tasting of the food. The egg looked like rubber and the toast was so burnt it was pretty much disintegrated. I tentatively nibbled at the food to avoid hurting Jamie's feelings.

Hannah, slowly walked into the room, yawning and rubbing her eyes, dressing gown still on and tightly wrapped around her.

"Goo..." She cut herself off with another yawn "Good Morning." She lazily said. Waddling over to the cupboards, her hands scratching at the handles trying to get a good grip with her eye sight still blurry.