The Masquerade Ball: Part 2

You and Ace sit and rest as you drink some of the punch and munch on a few of the finger foods that were provided.

It's been an hour since your first dance, and your nerves had calmed down a lot. Your heart still raced with every glance and every touch from him.

"Will you show me your face tonight?" He asked as he admired your smile

You bit your lip and nodded slowly "I will"

Ace felt as if he knows you. Your voice was so familiar to him, but he just couldn't place it and it was driving him crazy.

"I hope you are having a good time"

"I am" you smile as you slip your heels off and pull one foot up to rest on the opposite knee, being careful with your dress.

Before you can even start to rub it, Ace reached over and pulls your foot into his lap, gently rubbing it.

"I was woundering how your feet were fairing in those heels for as long as we were dancing" he chuckled softly

You gape at Ace who has a stupid grin on his face while rubbing your sore foot.

"You don't have....."

"I want to" he cuts you off

You smile softly and lean back in your chair to let him pamper you a bit.

"Do you wanna dance some more, or maybe go for a walk in the garden?"

You finish your punch and pull your foot from his lap, slipping back into your heel.

"A walk sounds nice" You stand and streatch before smoothing out your dress. "Let me just run to the ladies room first"

Ace stands as well "Okay, Ill be over there with Sabo" he points and leans in to press his lips on the small amout of exposed skin of your cheek.

You blush "Okay" then you turn and head for the restrooms.

Ace watches you till you disappear then goes to talk to his brother.

When you first go in there isn't anyone else. You go into a stall and carefully lift your dress and pull your panties down to sit and do your business.

You hear a few girls come in just after you flush the tolit and are fixing your dress. As you reach for the lock you hear one of the girls say Aces name and you freeze.

"Damn did you see Ace? He's so damn sexy"

"Yeah but he seems to be with that girl in the turquoise dress"

"Pffft yeah right"

Your heart pounds in your chest as you stay quiet and listen.

Who is he hoping will be behind the mask?

Your fingers ghost over your mask as you continue to listen.

"Im might go talk to him and make my move. He will forget all about that (h/c) slut"

"You should totally go talk to him Nami"

"I will, as soon as he is alone"

You hear laughter moving away from you then silence as the door shuts.

You lift your mask and wipe the tears leaking from your eyes.

You and Ace have been having these wounderfull conversations over text, and he knows what you look like tonight in your dress and mask.

You take a deep breath and unlock the stall. You wash your hands and splash a little water on your face then fix your make-up.

You slide your mask back in place and harden your resolve