Chapter 4

Time is precious. Make sure you spend it with the right people. Life can change so fast, unexpectedly. And suddenly you know... it's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings. Okay, I'm not trying to those so-called motivational quotes for free but that's the simplest way for me to describe what had happened in my life. I know that study life is not that easy like how they portrayed in most of the film but I must say that I love my life right now. It's been a few months since I'm been in relationship with Ranbir but hold on everyone, it just in front of people who don't know the truth. We've acted so well to makes everyone believed that we're in relationship. I was busy marking the stage for a charity theatre play lead by Ethan when Ranbir approached me.

"Hey." said Ranbir as he walked towards the stage.

"Oh, hi. What are you doing in here, Ranbir ?" I said while sat on the stage.

"Me ? What are you doing in here, Deepika ?" enquired Ranbir. He looked confused.

"Oh, I just helped setting up this stage for the play."

"You're joined the theatre team ?"

"Not really. I just helped my friends and maybe yes, I'm part of it. But as one of the behind the curtains team, I guess. Why ?"

"No, it just..you're business student." claimed Ranbir.

"So ?"

"It's kinda weird to find that you're here."

"Why ? I'm a business student so I can't join my college theatre team ? Like that ?"

"No, I didn't mean that.. I.. never mind. Would you like some help ?" offered Ranbir.

"Well, I.." I said while tried to figure out something that Ranbir can help me with when suddenly the lights from a spotlight concentrated on me.

"Hey, Deepika. Do you want me to test the spotlight for the dance sequence ?" asked one of the theatre team who's working on the spotlight.

"Yeah, okay. Just give me a second." I said before I stand up and put those decorations things away.

"Okay. I'm ready. We're going to rehearse for the second cue in chapter 9, Mike." I said as I ready to dance but I need a partner to dance. And thank God, I've found someone.

"Ranbir, come." I offered a hand.

"Dance ? No way. I don't know how to dance." avoided Ranbir.

"It's okay. You just need to hold me and follow me. Don't worry. The music is started."

"But.." hesitated Ranbir before finally agreed and walked closer towards me.

He put his hands on my waist and I encircled my hands around his neck. Then, he started to follow me when I took a step before we're actually dance throughout the song. It's obvious that Ranbir actually tried to make sure that I'm comfortable and trust me, I don't think that he don't know how to dance. People used to say that eye contact is more intimate than words will ever be. And I guess, it's true. Ranbir had beautiful eyes. The kind you could lost in and I guess, I just did. I lost in his eyes and I don't know why.

"Wow, both of you look cute together !" said Kriti while clapped her hands. That's when I realised that the music is over and everyone had their eyes on us. Oh God, this is so embarrassing ! But then, I realised that Ranbir was still stood up in front of me, looking at me and held me like I'm a fragile glass.

"Ranbir ?"

"Huh ?"

"Are you okay ?"

"Spinning." uttered Ranbir.