19 - REAL LIFE

"Could you try on the beige ones instead, honey?" A busy Ruelle Watson questions a model

"Could you try on the beige ones instead, honey?" A busy Ruelle Watson questions a model. The model nods then proceeds to run to the section where all the shoes were displayed.

Everything was in chaos. Make-up stylists were applying finishing touches, hairdressers were making sure that every single lock on the models' head was perfect, and there was Rue, standing in the middle of the chaos. As a designer, she was very hands-on to the point where Ruelle felt like she was a mother hen. She was fixing blouses, pulling down skirts to another level, and micro-inspecting each model before they lined up.

"Ten minutes!" The stage director calls. Rue looks at the chaos ensuing, and though it was stressful and tiring, it felt very rewarding for her.

"Okay!" Rue shouts. Most of the people stopped what they were doing and turned to look at her. "My team and I have worked our asses off for months and this is the part where the sleepless nights and emotional breakdowns pay off. So, if your hair and make-up is done, fall in line and wait for my signal."

"Excuse me, Miss Watson." A deep voice calls out to her and she could literally feel the stranger's chest hit my back. "Where do I go now?"

To answer him, Rue turns and was met by Chadwick's grinning features. Her face immediately lights up to a smile and she wraps her arms around him, Chadwick stumbling a little. "You came!" Rue yells with glee.

Chadwick tightens his arms around me, his hands resting at my lower back as placed his chin on the top of my head. The pair pulls away and Chadwick winks, "Anything for my girl."

"Five minutes!"

In the heat of the moment, Rue delicately grabs his chin, pulls him down to her level, and kisses him. Her hands went to the sides of his face as his settled onto her waist and the pair could feel the other smile into the kiss. Unlike everything else going on, the kiss was calm almost like the waves hitting the shoreline.

"Good luck." Chadwick whispers, their faces still inches away from each other. "You got this, Rue."

"Thank you." She beams at him. "I'll see you in awhile."

"Three minutes!"

Chadwick gives her one last kiss on the cheek before he was ushered to his seat. He, of course, had managed to get front row.

"It's showtime." Rue claps her hands and the models start descending the runway as Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness" plays through the speakers.

>

chadwickboseman: this woman started drawing on her notebook when she was about 14 years old

chadwickboseman: this woman started drawing on her notebook when she was about 14 years old. she had the wildest imagination and i always thought all of her drawings of either skirts with pastel colors on them or even her random sketches of flowers were aesthetically pleasing. ruelle elizabeth watson will straight up tell you your shoes were ugly and certainly does not go with your outfit. but, her smart mouth, keen eye, and her passion for making sure everyone (no matter what size or race or gender) felt confident with that they were wearing got her to where she is today. rue, i have never been more proud of you as i watched you work from the backstage. here's to more milestones we'll celebrate together. 🥰

thelizawatson, kimkardashian, tyrabanks, and 970,483 others liked this!

COMMENTS DISABLED!