A few guards led Ayden to a room that the emperor had given him. He was able to relax and sleep to get rid of his headache.

"I don't like the way your making me watch over a kid like that." The man said to the emperor.

"You need to protect him."

"Don't make me treat that boy like a female. He isn't one you know." The man became angry.

"I know that. He needs to be protected though." The emperor walked around the empty throne room.

"He can protect himself."

***

Ayden lay sound asleep in the bed as the man watched him. The man looked at Ayden's facial features. He knew Ayden looked too girly to be a guy, but a guy is a guy. He found himself staring too long. He knew no guy should be staring at another guys face too long. He looked at his clothes.

"Don't stare. It's very rude." The man looked back at Ayden's face to see his eyes opened.

"I wasn't staring. I was investigating." The man says.

"No. You were staring." Ayden sat up and grinned at the man. The man could feel his heartbeat quicken. "That's okay though. Let's start over. My name is Ayden. What's yours mister?" Ayden held his hand out.

"Kyle. It's Kyle." Kyle shook Ayden's hand. Ayden's hands were soft and small.

"That's a cool name." Ayden smiled.

"Y-Yeah." Kyle looked away as his cheeks tinted with pink.

"Are you okay? Are you sick? You look sorta... um... red. Do you have a fever?" Ayden placed a hand on Kyle's forehead and the other on his. "Your a bit hot. You should lie down. Your cough was bad earlier, too." Ayden stood and made Kyle sit on the bed. "Stay here. I'll go get something for your fever and cough."

"No need. I need to leave anyways." Kyle began to stand.

"No. You need to lie down." Ayden placed his hand on Kyle's shoulders and pushed him down on the bed. "You stay. I'll be back. If I come back and your not here, I'll end up killing your soul." Ayden ran out the room.

Kyle stared at the door that Ayden just exited. He laid down on the bed and closed his eyes. He turned on his side and smelled something nice. He continued to smell the pillow that had the scent.

"I'm back! I got a few- what are you doing?" Ayden stood in the door way holding a tray in his hands.

"ack! Nothing! Nothing at all!" Kyle sat up and his cheeks felt hot. He was embarrassed because he was caught.

"Oh. Okay. Anyways, I brought a few different kinds of tea because I didn't know which ones you liked." Ayden places the tray on the table and poured some tea in a cup. He added some lemon and honey into the tea and handed the cup to Kyle. "You look worse than before I left. Are you sure your not sick?" Ayden placed his hand on Kyle's forehead again.

"I'm fine. I need to go somewhere else now." Kyle began to stand and walk towards the sliding door. Ayden began to stop Kyle and stood in his way.

"Wait! Your not supposed to get up when your sick! Go back and- Ahhhh!" Kyle toppled over and Ayden tried to support his body, but instead, was a cushion to catch Kyle's fall.

**weeks later**

Ayden placed a wet rag on Kyle's head and pulled the fallen blanket back on top of him.

"How is he doing?" William, the emperor, poked his head into the room.

"He doesn't seem to be getting better." Ayden sighed. He moved some of Kyle's hair away from his face.

"You seem like a mother taking care of her child." William said.

"What do you mean by that?" Ayden froze.

"Well, you know how to take care of people and watch out for them." William leaned against the bed.

"Oh. Well, I live alone, so I must know how to do these things." Ayden said. He stood and began to read the books he had gotten from the study room. He learned more about where he was. He was interested in everything he read. He learned more about other things also.

Kyle awakened from the light of a candle that sat next to him. He sat up and the towel on his head fell into his lap.

"What happened?" Kyle looked around the room and saw Ayden sleeping at a table with his head on a book.

"You caught some kind of cold. Ayden said you did. You've been laying in bed for weeks now. And Ayden has been by your side to look after you. He is like a mother." William stood up from the ground.

"Really?" He looked over at Ayden, "There's something about him. I can't figure out what though." Kyle stood and walked over to Ayden.

"You like him?" William asked.

"What?! No. I'm not into guys. It's just..." Kyle averted his gaze.

"It's just what?" William walked over to Kyle's side.

"I don't know." Kyle shrugged.

"Man... I was really hoping the person who is supposed to save us was female." William sighed.

"And why is that?" Kyle closed the books that were opened.

"I fell in love with the girl from the stories and myths about the priestess that was coming, and- what are you doing?" William looked at Kyle; who was picking up Ayden.

"Putting him in the bed," he paused and knew something was off, "hey. Hold him really quickly." Kyle pushed Ayden into William's arms.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" William quickly held Ayden, "What the heck?! He's super light!" William was confused and shocked.

"I know. There's something weird about him." Kyle scratched his head. He looked over and saw Ayden's bag laying on the floor. "Something might be a clue about what's wrong with him in his bag." Kyle began to walk over to his bag.