Once everyone left the room Willow let out a sigh she held in. Takumi sat up on the couch and sat next to Willow.

"You okay?" Takumi asked Willow as she got up and walked around the room.

"Yeah. I'm-" Willow grabbed the edge of the table as she held her head. She didn't like these headaches she received for being inside the book for a long time.

"Willow." Takumi instantly grabbed Willow and put her down on the couch. "Your over doing it. Rest."

"No. I can't. I have to save you g-" Takumi placed his lips on hers before she spoke anymore words. Takumi then stared at her.

"Are you going to slap me or blush and push me away?"

"Neither." Willow sat up and walked over to the window. She wiped her lips with her sweater and rubbed her eyes.

"Willow. I'm sorry."

"No. Don't apologize. We're in this together. I promised that. It's just..." Willow looked further out the window. Takumi wrapped his arms around Willow.

"I won't do anything. I promise. Just let me hold you in my arms." Takumi whispered.

"Takumi..." Tears welled up in Willow's eyes.

"You can cry. I know you saw Yoshiro today. I felt the change of your aura. And this will probably be the last time I can hold you before this war starts." He sighed.

"R-right..." Willow turned in his arms and hugged him.

"Do you want to know something?"

"What is it?" Willow closed her eyes.

"I don't love you the way I thought I did."

"Is that so?" Willow held onto Takumi's clothes.

"Yeah. I don't love you romantically. I love you more like I would love a sibling. I want to protect you and I easily want to guard you of the guys who want to attack you like wild dogs, but I don't want to kiss you on the lips anymore. I don't feel sexually attracted to you." Takumi heaved a sigh.

"Oh. I see." Willow smiled kindly against Takumi's chest.

"You sound let down." Takumi chuckled.

"I'm not. I've actually thought of you like a brother. That was the reason why I push you away." Willow relaxed her shoulders.

***

Willow stood and sighed as she closed her book.

"You always have your nose in a book." Cedric chuckled.

"Yup. Gain knowledge by learning knowledge." Willow placed the book face down on the table. "Did you need something?"

"No. I just came to see how your doing." Cedric leaned against the wall.

"How kind of you. I'm just fine. I'll be better once we escape this world." Willow pushed her chair in.

"Why do you continue to call this book a world? It's a book. We're stuck in a book." Cedric closed his eyes.

"Because. This book is just a world that was created. All books are like that. Books are created worlds that show the authors emotions and imagination; thus they create a world with a plot. There may be boring times, but it's the tiny details that count in the boring times, and- oh. Sorry. I got off topic. Anyways, books are just worlds created by the author." Willow smiled. She began walking towards the door and Cedric grabbed her arm.

"How can you smile at a time like this?"

"I try to seek out the positive details instead of trying to live like there is no hope. I know that there are negative things throughout a lifetime, but you must remain positive. Even in a time like this." Willow glanced at Cedric and walked out of the room after Cedric let go. "And I may not look like it, but I'm not happy. I thought you'd be better than this. Just kidding!" Willow giggled as she ran down the hall.

"Tsk. Still making jokes, huh?" Cedric looked to the side and put the window. "It bugs me how she can look happy all the time."

"She's masking who she really is inside." Takumi stepped out from behind the bookshelf.

"What do you mean? What is she hiding?" Cedric asked Takumi.

"Crumbling heart."

"What?"

"She hides her pain, and her burnt and crumbled heart. She still has a warm heart though. She's suffering and there's nothing anyone can do about it." Takumi grabbed a cigarette and lit it. "I can't save her." Takumi sighed.

"Who knew?" Cedric scoffed.

"Exactly. Who knew?" Takumi closed his eyes.

"Oh. I forgot to tell you guys. Leon will be here soon. He wants to help. He didn't really show for the whole messed up thing, you know. Well, see ya! I gotta go searching for things." Willow ran out of the room while Takumi and Cedric were frozen in shock.

"I wonder how long she was standing right outside the door."

"I wonder... I didn't sense her either." Takumi scratched his chin.

"Well, I'll be in my room if you need me." Cedric turned and walked out of the room.

Willow sighed as she walked out of the house. She closed her eyes and listened to the world turn by. William and the others were not enemies to her, but neither were they allies. She didn't believe that she could work with the men who, individually hurt her in many ways.

"Tired?" Takumi stood next to Willow.

"A little."

"You ready?"

"Yeah. Let's go." Willow secured her sword on her hip.