Chapter 7: The Rage of Sorrow, The Disparity of Confusion!

A rush of pain washes over you as your senses finally return. You open your eyes and groan at the groggy feeling. "Ah... where am I..?" You look around the room – your room. "Huh... did I dream that?" You lift your upper body off the bed and scratch your head. "I was at the village... and..." You throw the covers off and get out of bed, stretching your muscles out after so much rest. "Maybe I should check there... just in case. Man, I don't know what happened to me. Everything's so hazy."

You grab your pants and slip into them, making sure your tail pokes out of the custom hole you made. With said tail, you snatch your black t-shirt and toss it over you. It perfectly falls onto you, showing you've done that same skit before. You glance at wrist guards, belt, and orange top you also normally wear and shrug. This is one of those times you'll go without. You finish up with your boots, pat yourself down, and run towards the window. In a flash, you fly across Beacon's grounds and head to your destination.

"Yang and them were with me... maybe I should have checked there first," you turn yourself around but still fly forward. "Well, whatever. No need to bother them if I'm wrong. But man, do I feel sore," you roll your shoulder.

Going faster than your average flight, you reach the village in no time. You stop over it and are completely shocked at what's there. Holes in the ground, smoke rising from the destroyed buildings and the patches of destruction in the forest.

"Everything's... gone... what happened? Crystal? Lucent!" You scream, zooming down to their building.

Despite being in ruins, you throw bits of stone and wood away as you claw your way to the ground. Your method is rushed and shaky, mostly because your arms aren't relaxed. Every muscle in your body is tense... you're scared.

"I was right... something happened, it had to, the Shen, Tao, that turtle Faunus was here! RWBY too, an-" You stop when your feel your hand grab hold of something foreign. You pull it out of the rubble and stare at Weiss' rapier. "Her weapon... if she doesn't have it then something happened to them! Something happened and I can't remember!" You drop your knees and slam your fist into the ground. You slowly let your fingers spread out as your frustration dissipates. "Okay... wait... I sense people," you look to your right. "Five? Yeah, they're close. Maybe they know!" You burst off your foot and start running across the debris.

You keep Weiss' weapon to give back when you see her again. You enter the forest and run through some bushes, pass by some trees, and eventually reach a small clearing with a large stone. Five people – four women and one man – are carving something into the stone. You stop at the edge of the clearing, smiling at the sight of familiar faces. One of the women you know fairly well – Dianna. She's a farmer who sells the best fruits and vegetables around. You and Lucent always bought from her and it was always worth it.

You run towards the group and slightly focus on what they're doing to the stone. You stop dead in your tracks when you read the first few lines.

"Names... I recognize- wait, Lucent? Crystal? Hey, what's going on?" You shout.

The five turn around and instantly go pale.

"You..."

Your confused and ignorant expression would be cute to most, but given the context, is insulting to them.

"What's wrong? What happened to the vil-"

"YOU KILLED MY DAUGHTER!" Dianna screams. "YOU KILLED THEM ALL! GET OUT OF HERE YOU FAUNUS FILTH! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" She wails, throwing the knife she held at you.