Chapter 2

I was going to school, wearing my usual uniform. White shirt, blue skirt with white socks. At least the school let us wear the shoes that we wanted so I wear mu usual black Converse.

I had friends at my school, I was in the popular click. Everybody would be happy to be in my place but I wasn't. These people only saw the side of me that I wanted to show them. Which isn't truly me. At school I was kind of superficial girl. I was only talking about fashion and those stuff since everybody knew that my parents were designer.

All of this because if people knew that I wanted to create a band and that I was a music freak, I would be alone and everybody would laugh at me. And I was doing everything that I could for this not to happen.

I enter the school and went to talk with my usual friends putting a fake smile on and talk about boring stuff with people that weren't really my friends.

I enter in my science class, Austin was in the same class as me. He didn't really had any friends and I found that sad, but after all, what can I do about it. I don't really know him.

"Class! Today we are doing team work. I've already made the team since last time it was a disaster." The teacher announce to the class. I just hope that I wasn't with some cunt of the class. The teacher was telling the teams out loud, "Jennifer and Kevin. Mary and Austin." and the teacher continue on. Shit! why did I had to work with someone that I didn't know. I guess it was the occasion to get to know him. My friend Cynthia looked at me, "Uh! Mary! You got the weirdo, good luck!" She told me on a very sarcastic tone. I fake a little smile and got up to go work with Austin to work on our laboratory about electricity.

"Hi" I said approaching him. He seem so shy, he was hiding his face under is thin brown hair. And he answer with a beautiful shy smile. This guy is so tall I can't even believe it, I seem so small beside him even taught I'm 5'6 feet tall. We started working on what we had to do, I was always speaking since he seem like he didn't want to speak to me. After a moment, "Shit! It doesn't work" I said out loud more for myself then for Austin. As he was writing down the answer that we had he take a look at what I had done. His eyes went all big and he rapidity unplug everything, "Mary! Almost everything would of cracked up!" He told me relief that he had look at the right time. He was giggling too at my stupid mistake. His giggle was one of the cutest thing I've ever hear on this god damn earth. "Then help me genius! Because I have difficulties with this one" I told him with a smile. He nodded and explain me what I didn't understood. And since we were the first team to finish I sat down with him at his desk. "So, tell me about you Austin" I told him, he raise his head up and looked at me in surprise. "Well since we are going to be in team for this year. I think it'll be a good thing if I know you more" I explain to him. Shit I felt like a guy trying to flirt with a shy girl. But I understood why he was so afraid. I know he had been bullied a lot but I never saw it happened. I just saw the scratch and bruises he got after some football douches beat him up. 

He told me the music he liked, how much he liked to do surf and all those stuff and to be honest I found him really funny and interesting I stayed there and listen to his voice.  And then the bell rang. I looked at the door frame to see that Cynthia and my friend Briana were waiting for me impatiently. "Humm, I have to go. See you next time" I told him before running away to my friends. It hurt me as fuck to leave him there alone. I knew I was probably the only person that had take the time to know him in this school but I was stuck between those friend that weren't really mine even thought that I kind of liked the little popularity I got. Was I really going to let Austin down? I didn't know but for now I had to play my role. Be the little perfect girl at school that never did anything wrong.