Chapter 1: No Longer Home

Earth 1988

A young boy was sitting in the hospital, listening to his walkman, of the favorite songs that were his mother's. A young girl two years younger than him sitting next to him listening to a mixtape that her mother left, with the help of Peter's mother, to her before she died.

They both were sitting side by side, listening to Fixed & Sync, the girl had black hair with red highlights, olive colored skin, she had a marking on the side of her face next to her eye as her eyes were forest, but she always used her hair to cover eyes and hide the marking on it. They both sat in the hall, worried about Peter's mother's condition. Then his grandfather walks out to them and kneels down in front of them. "Peter." he calls out and the girl looks at him, "Your mamma wants to speak with you," he informs them, the girl blinks and lowers her head. He exhales and then reaches out. "Come on, Pete. Take these full things off," he tells him, pulling the headphones off as well. He then looks at the girl, seeing that she was trying not to cry. "Ember, come here. Sweetie," he states, taking hers off as well.

He pulls her headphones off, seeing that she didn't move or anything, he then places her Walkman down and lifted up her head, "She wants to talk to you as well." he informs her and she nods at him. He then turns them off and places them in their bags as they stood up and walk into the room, the family looks at them as the mother was sobbing. Then Mary looks at Peter and Ember as they walk up to the side of her head and smile sadly at her. But she notices Peter's black eye and the scratch of Ember's cheek "Why have you been in other fight with those boys again, you two?" she asks them. They look away and shrugged. "Peter, Ember?" she asks again, "They killed a little frog that ain't done nothing," Peter answers her, Ember sniffles as she wipes away her tears. "They laughed as they mushed it with a stick. I got mad and didn't think," she answers her.

Merida just smiles at them, "You are so much like your mamma, Ember. Just as you are so like your daddy, Peter." she said to them and they looked at her. "You even looked like them. Your daddy was an angel. Composed out of pure light, as you mamma fell from the stars, like a fallen angel," she said to them. "Mer. You got presents for Peter and Ember, don't you?" her father asks her. She looks up at him and nods, "Of course." she states and looks down at the two presents that were on the bed next to her, she grips one of them and the father took them from her, "I got it." he states and places Ember's present in her bag, "I got you covered, Peter." he informs them and they look down at her.

She smiles up at them, "You open it up when I'm gone okay." she tells them, they both just looked at her as tears well up in their eyes. "You're grandpa..." she states as they sniffled. "Is gonna take such good care of you and Ember. At least until your daddy comes back and gets you. You can even take Ember with you, seeing how attached you two are to each other." she jokes and Ember smiles a little at her. Even on her deathbed, she can still crack jokes. She then looks at them and held her hand out to them. "Take my hand." she said to Peter and in a split second, Ember reaches out and took Meredith's hand, her tears finally stream down her face, Meredith looks at her, "You are such a good girl, Emy. You always look after Peter when I'm not around, can you keep an eye on him for me?" she asks her and Ember nods at her as she sniffles. Meredith smiles and looks at her son. "Take my hand," she tells him, but he looks away from her. "Peter." she whimpers and Ember looks at him as he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Their grandfather looks down at him, "Pete, come on." he tells him, "Take my hand." Meredith begs him, but then her hand laid gently on the bed and the monitor flat-lined, Ember gasp in shock as her heart broke. Peter looks back and saw that her mother's eyes were closed. "Mom?" he asks, but she had no response. "No! No! No! No! No!" Peter starts to shout as Ember cries as she shakes her, begging her to wake up. But his grandfather grabs the both of them, Peter under his arm as Ember was over his shoulder, they both were screaming, struggling in his grip, Ember looks back as everyone was gathered around the bed. "Come with me." he orders as he walks out of the room, they both cried out 'No!' as he sets them down and makes them look at him. "You got to stay here. Please." he asks them, but Peter whimpers a 'No.' as Ember shook her head at him as the tears stream down their head, still in shock.

Then the grandfather steps back, "Okay?" he tells them and walks back into the room, but they just stood there for a moment, in complete shock, then they held each other's hand and took off running. They shove the door open and ran outside in the cold, but of them were sobbing and then collapsed onto their knees, "No." peter whimpers, Ember sniffles and then wraps her arms around Peter as she held him close to her, he held on her arm and leans against her as they both were sobbing.

But then a sudden light came on and a strange sound, they both look up at the lights as they were above them in the fog, the wind blew all around them and they shield their eyes when they saw that there was a ship above them then the teleportation whirs all around them. Peter and Ember held each other close. "Mom!" Peter shouts, "Mummy!!!" Ember shouts as well and they were pulled into the ship.

~8~8~8~

I never knew my life would change that night, I was so glad it did, but the years that followed after were fun, dangerous, exciting and I was given a new family.

But when I learn the truth of the heritage of my past life and the identity of my father...

I wish Yondu never took us from Earth