Taken

Safe and Sound. Keep Your Eyes Open. Don't Die. I'm Sorry. I Love You. My mind starts to comprehend, but all i can see is black. Oh it might help to open my eyes. I'm in district 13. "Hey You." I turn and see Carter siting in a chair. He reaches out to touch me but i quickly move so he can't. "Can you speak?" He asks. I open my mouth to say something but i can't. I shake my head. "It's okay." A man with a white coat walks in.

"Hello Avirex. I'm Doctor Hulio. I'm going to explain what the Vines venom did to you okay?" I nod.

"The vines venom was created to do a kind of torture called,"Hijacking" The Capital can hijack people with the Vine and Tracker Jackers. Although your hijacking wasn't severe it only took away your ability to speak and see. Obviously you can see me, so that hasn't set in yet. You might regain your speaking ability soon. As for your vision…Once that stage sets in you will not be able to see for a short period of time." I nod."There might be nightmares." I smile a little. I'm definitely not a stranger to nightmares."For now i want you to sleep. You can leave tomorrow."

    I walk down the long narrow hallways, till i reach Carters room. I can speak, which Doctor Hulio said was very good. I open the door and lay down on the bed. Carters not back from his training yet, which is good because i don't want him to see me cry. I start to bawl. I'm a mess and i don't know why. I'm crazy thats my problem. Carter doesn't deserve someone like me. He deserves someone like Fawn, who's put together and strong and knows what she wants, when she wants it. I pull my knees to my chest and cry into them. I cry into them, just as Carter walks in. He runs over to me and raps his arms around me."Whats wrong?"

"I can't do this anymore. I want to die. Everyone would be fine without me!"

"Averix." He says sternly."What about me?"

"You'd be okay. Not at first but you'd find someone else." He looks at me.

"I would never find anyone else in the world who would have your smile or your bravery. I fell in love with you and not anyone else. I love you Averix!" He kisses me clear on the lips. I like it. We both sit at a table in the cafeteria, smiling and laughing with Kiara and Barley. Everything is fine. Everything is happy. I love it.

    It's been one month since the 43rd Hunger Games. I feel better. The vines venom hasn't gone away fully, at points i can't speak. My vision hasn't gone away yet but, it could a any minute. I'm terrified if that minute. Carter and I walk back to our room together, hand in hand. When we open the door, we both immediately fall on the bed. I'm exhausted. I fall a sleep that night with out a worry in the world. When i wake up my face is bleeding.  "What happen?" I don't answer him. Then i see the white rose with my mockingjay necklace. I pick it up

to examine it, i drop it next to the table and run out of the room. Everyones running around in terror and fear. I stop one women.

"What happen?"

"There was a break in last night…24 children where kidnapped by the Capital. There executing them one by one until we give up the prisoner we are holding here." She walks away in hysteria.

"Oh god."

"Avirex what happen?" I faint in Carters arms.