District 13

"NO!?" I scream, my eyes are slamed shut and i refuse to open them."NO, NO, NO YOU CAN'T TAKE ME NO!?" I scream.

"Averix Calm Down. It's Okay." I open my eyes.

"Carter." He sits right in front of me. "They where coming for me again." He pulls my head down to his shoulder and hugs me tightly. 

"I promise you, i will never let them hurt you ever again." I bawl into his shoulder. I know they want me. I'm the prisoner. I stop crying and sit up straight. I'm in the Hospital again. I really hate this place.

"I don't get it." Carter says. "Why they cut your face and all."

"After i got out of the first games, i had a scare on my cheekbone. When i was in the Capital Thread cut both of them repeatably when i would cry to watch me…"I choke back a sob."To watch me have tears of blood. It's his signature. He was here last night."

"He saw you?" Carter asks. i nod.

"He saw us." Carters bracelet lights up, he looks at it and says,"Coin wants to see us both in Command." 

I get out of the bed and march down to Command with Carter at my side. I swing open the door. Everyone stares at me as i walk to the table in the Center of the room where everyone sits.

"Nice for you to join us." Coin says. I sit at the table next to Carter. "Now we all know that the Capital caught on to our mission in the games. They managed to capture most of the soldiers we had in the Arena-" I cut her off.

"Did they get Jaylen?" I ask. i haven't seen him since i got back.

"No." She says."They have 24 citizens of 13 in there custody, that they kidnapped. They are executing them one by one until we turn over Averix. We have devised a plan to retrieve the captured but it's volunteer only." After she completes that sentence hands start flying in the air. Carter's is one of them.

    "Do you really have to go?" I say.

"Yes i do." He says.

"You don't know anyone who was taken."

"Yes i do and so do you." He has a look.

"They haven't done anything to Kiara or Barley." I say in a soft voice. He gives me a look of sympathy.

"How do you know?" I shake my head. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him. I hear his heart beating steadily.

"I don't want you to go." I say.

"I know you don't." I fall a sleep that night by his side. I feel him get up to leave. He walks into the bathroom. I open my eye and watch him as he buttons up his shirt. I walk over to him and press my head to his back. We sit there in silence then he says,"I have to go." He turns around and looks at me.

"Be careful."

"I will." He kisses me one last time and then walks out the door.

    I sit and wait. Tap Tap Tap. I tap my fingers on the table. I want to do something but i can't take my mind to do it. I have to force myself to do it. I jump up and run down the hallways. When i get to there door i knock. When my father opens the door i say the only thing that comes to my mind."Is Amanda here?" I'm an idiot. Of course shes here. Really Averix? He nods. He beckons for me to come in and i do. When Amanda sees me her face gleams with excitement. I sit down next to her on the floor where she plays with what looks like a home-made rattle. "How are you?" I ask my father.

"Getting by. How are you?" I shake my head. This is probably the longest conversation we have ever had since my mother died. "I heard." That gets my attention right away. "Heard What?" He looks at me then away.