Five

I walked down the crunchy leaves of the graveyard sadly, crouching down as I reached my destination.

(Mother's name) (last name)
1979-2016
Loved mother and wife

I closed my eyes placing my hand on the cold stone.

"Hey mom." I said, placing down the cheap flowers I brought.
"I know it's been a while but a lot happened. Ive been busy and Mr.LaRusso even gave me a raise." I said, smiling sadly.
I continued talking for a while before I had to start driving to work. Every once in a while I would go there and talk to my mom, it was a way of venting my problems I guess.

While I was walking back to my car I saw a familiar face.

"Mr.LaRusso?" I asked. He turned around, surprised to see me.

"(Name)? What are you doing here?" He asked me, I pointed to the grave.
"Visiting my mom. You?" I asked, he smiled sadly.
"Visiting my old Sensei." He answered.

"And it's Sensei LaRusso now. Your training starts soon. I think you're ready." He said, making me smile widely. I clasped my hands together,

"No way! When?!" I asked him, causing him to smile in amusement.
"Today."

__________________

Later that day I saw Mr. LaRusso again, polishing the cars just as he so strictly taught me. He looked stressed, cursing under his breath.

"Hey Sensei-" I said, smiling at the new title.
"What's wrong?"

"The stupid used cars need some repairs and getting a mechanic is expensive. I shouldn't of invested into them." He complained, slapping his hands onto his face.

Recently he had gotten a few used classics, like an old rusty '53 Chevrolet Bel Air and a '65 Chevrolet Impala (my favorite). They both needed extreme work done. Like ripping apart under the hood and paint jobs. However the others simply needed oil changes and break pads put in. Easy work.

"I could do it, my dad taught me at his old auto body." I said, shrugging as he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Wait- really?" He asked, he knew of my family's old business, but not of that. The whole auto body thing went into disrepair after my mom died and my dad got into drinking. With no one to manage the bills and payments it got taken away. I had picked up a lot in my days hanging out with him for hours, bringing him beers and handing him tools. I was pretty well trained.

He gave me a look, and simply walked off. I shrugged and went back to polishing the car, not thinking much of it.

________________

Moments later LaRusso walked back out to me, and I had moved onto the next car.

"Guess what." He said, smiling at me. I raised an eyebrow, shanking my head,
"What?"

"You've got a promotion."

I was silent, my mouth opening and closing like a fish.
"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"I talked it over with my wife, and as long as you can prove yourself repairing the first car, you'll be our mechanic. We really need the cars fixed up to be sold, and if your qualified then that's great." He explained, I grinned from ear to ear.

____________

I knocked on the door awkwardly, clad in gym clothe. Sensei LaRusso had texted me to come to his house after work that day.

The door opened to reveal his daughter, Sam. She raised her eyebrow at me.

"Your dad called me here, he's training me...?" I said, fidgeting with my shirt hem. She forced a smile and nodded, opening the door.

"yeah, he told me... he's in the garage." She informed, pointing to a door. I nodded and talked in, quickly finding the door.

It creeped open, Sensei sitting in silence.
"Sensei LaRusso-"

"SHUSH." He said, making me seal my lips. He didn't even open his eyes. The room had obviously been turned into a dojo.

"Your lessons begin here."