Chapter 3

Alice's pov.

After a two hours of me rolling around trying to fall asleep I gave up and sat up in my bed. A huff came from my lips after I looked over at my clock and saw the green letters that showed me it was two thirty in the morning.

The ground was freezing as my feet hit the hard wood. I quickly changed into a pair of work out shorts and a sports bra before going next door to my workout room. I wasn't worried that I was going to wake anyone up because of the fact that the training room is sound proof.

I connected my phone to the aux cord and started my workout playlist. Starting with a jump rope I did it until I started to sweat slightly and knew I was warmed up enough to start running on the treadmill.

I ran for thirty minutes before I got off and wrapped up my hands so I could start on a punching bag.

Focused on my breathing I punched the bag over and over again but I was restless. I looked at the time to see it was only three fourthly-five.

I wanted to go outside and run in the Forrest. Maybe thats what I need to finally get tired enough to fall asleep.

My parents don't allow me to go out at night for a run but when I do they never know about it. I know the danger I put myself in but a girl needs some space without two guards following her anywhere she goes.

They worry even more because I don't have a wolf but me having a mate confirmed any doubts that I'm not part werewolf.

My two guards are named Zander and TJ, I have known them for awhile now. They are my main guards and I don't mind them most of the time. They are just a little bit older then me so we do stuff like if we are friends hanging out.

The only time they aren't with me is when they get off duty at six or seven o'clock in the evening. By that time I'm always at the castle and we have guards all over that switch shifts during the day and night. But sometimes Zander and TJ are needed during certain circumstances.

I turned off my music and left my training room. I memorized the guard rotation and where they are at certain times.Lucky for me they aren't in my wing at the moment.

I just have to make sure that when I get back they have already went through my wing again and are starting the rotation over.

I hurried to get downstairs as quietly as I can so I don't wake anyone up or cause any loud noises.

I went out the main backdoors and jogged until I got to the edge of the woods. I ran through my regular running path towards a little pond I found a while ago when running with Zander and TJ.

The woods were silent besides from the rattle of bugs and the small foot steps I made as I ran. It was a perfect night, the moon was almost full and there wasn't a cloud in the sky so the moonlight lit up my path.

It was kind of chilly but it feels good against my hot skin. I was almost there when I heard a rustle in a bush. I stopped my running and took a deep breath and realized it's just a rabbit.

The moonlight and the fresh air gave me some relief so I turned around and started to jog back to the castle.

I looked through the back door that lead to the kitchen. I didn't see any movement so as quietly as I could I opened and closed the door behind me.

I tiptoed over to the swinging kitchen door. I listened closely to hear anything behind it and when I didn't hear a heartbeat I crept through the tiled hallway.

I focused on all the heartbeats near me and realized one was getting dangerously close to me.

I silently cursed and turned back the way I came but then I heard another heartbeat getting closer the more I walked back to the kitchen.