Chapter Two

I'm sitting in my room, listening to silent mumbles down stairs, a few sobs and growls in the mix, my father, mother, and Psyche.. A familiar voice popped in my head, fathers.

'May. Come down. We need to discuss..'

The link cut off before I could say anything. So deciding to not be a baby, I quickly trotted down and saw everyone. Psyche looking at me, Dimitri clasping his hands together as his gaze averted to the floor, father looking at mother and rubbing her back as she sobbed in his chest.. that can't be good..

"What's going on?" I questioned as I stepped into the living room then setting next to mother on the velvet sofa.

"You have to go with-" she paused for a few seconds to sob, "h-him.." she finished. I knew I wouldn't have a damn say in this. None at all. There's no use in fighting it. "I'll g-go pack my things.." I sighed and turned to go to the stairs. "Already done. And we're leaving today." Dimitri replied before I could go far.

"When are we leaving?" I asked.

"Now. Say your goodbyes." He replied again coldly, standing and walking to the door.

I hesitantly said my goodbye to mother and father. Mother is still sobbing. "Call me when you get there." She nodded and blew her nose with her already soaking tissue. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes as well.. I hated seeing mother like this.. she was broken now.. her baby girl getting ripped away..

Psyche was outside. I run up to him and just as I do a low growl behind me stopped me in my tracks and pulling me back, turns out it was Dimitri pulling me into his chest as he said, "Do NOT touch her again." Psyche backed off, then looked down at me and stepping forward again, me looking down, not wanting to fight Dimitris grip on me.

"If you hurt her again, I will hunt you down to the ends of the earth and kill you."

Dimitri was furious now.. he inched to Psyche after pushing me aside and soon got in his face, both males snarling and showing teeth, a sign of challenging. I knew not to interfere with things like this.. I could get severely hurt, again.. then Dimitri spoke, not using his normal, already deep tone, but his bass range Alpha tone, "You're lucky she cared about you or else you would be splattered all over this damn porch." His words made me shiver and look down at the thought. Father then walked out after the threats were made, pulling the two apart and saying a brief, "enough." Dimitri eyes me, I could feel it though I still looked to the ground. Tingles flew over the places your mate looked.. in that case, he started from my feet to my thighs, to my chest, then eventually my face, "were leaving." His voice was still deep, I didn't move.. I didn't want to leave me home.. mother, father, psyche.. Mother quickly yanked me into an unexpected hug, running her wet cheek against mine as her sobs quickened. Dimitri sighed and looked down as I let go of her and hugged father. Id miss his warm embrace.. he let go and glared at Dimitri, now clearly regretting the decision of letting me go.. I looked at Psyche and crushed my body into his, hugging him tightly. He kissed my head and pulled away to avoid anymore trouble with Dimitri.

I then walked over to Dimitris matte black Hummer H3. He offered his hand to help me in and I slapped it away. When I got in, I saw my stuff in the back seat. All of it. When I got in, I looked back at the porch where my mother, father and Psyche were standing outside. Dimitri shut the door in my face then. So I just looked out the window and sadly waved.

As the car started, that's when the tears began to spill. And more and more as we drive away with my old home disappearing from sight. The trees passed by slowly. Or seemed to. I hear Dimitri say something as more tears spill down my cheeks and onto my jeans, making little wet marks. Still staring out the window, I hear Dimitri again, a little more clear, "May."