Bash

I began thinking about it again. Why? Why do I need to suffer when I don't need to suffer? It brings memories of times that I regret. Times I wish I could take back.
     But I can't.
     I had just recently switched to being a rebel. I guess I'm just not used to it yet, even though it's been a whole year since it had happened. Yes, I had been a Scavenger before. I had been on both sides. I had been a part of them. And now, I can be whoever I am a part of now.
      "Hun, your friends are waiting for you, they're in the living room!", my mom didn't even have to tell me. I knew they were waiting. I just like to test other people's patience.
     I walked to the living room finding my two friends and one of my many cousins waiting for my appearance.
     "Hey, we need to talk to you. It's about...them...have you seen their post?", Zach was like any other sensitive young teen who doesn't know what he's getting himself into hanging out with a bunch of rebels, the opposite of his twin brother, named Mike. We broke a rule, why does he stand by our side?
     "No, I haven't.", I went to check my phone noticing a picture of a warning. Warning to all rebels! Give us what belongs to us, or face consequences that are worse than you can imagine. What? We haven't stolen from them. But then again, no one said anything about stealing....
     "So let's go confront them! They can't just threaten us like that!", Em (my cousin) said.
     "Yeah, but they're scavengers! They're going to destroy us if we don't follow their orders!", said Zach.
     "Maybe we can just ask them if they can forgive us for what happened?", asked Mike.
     They couldn't possibly forgive us. Not after what we did. No way. They just kept abusing the unity of our ways of friendship. We walked out on them but they tried to attack us. That's how we got our name. The rebels. We fought and fought for freedom. No one could tell us what or who to be. Not anymore. But they miss that power, so much that they're trying to win us back. Like we're a prize or a toy to win at a county fair. The scavengers just keep looking for trouble.
     I hit my hand against the wall. Everyone stopped their bickering to look at me.
     "We're going over there, and we're going to have a chat with them."