Zach

We went over to where the scavengers stay, in their little hiding place. At first, we couldn't see them and we thought that they weren't here. But then they scared us from behind.
     "Well, well, well, look who came back to show us how much they miss us... I told you they would come back, Amy."
     "No, Handy, you said that they were goners and were never gonna come back and-"
     Handy hit Amy in the head with the back of her hand.
     "Ow! Sorry.....", Amy said sarcastically.
     Mary came over and attempted to hug me.
     Everyone knows she has a crush on me.
     But I pushed her away, because I know she's not for me. I love Bash. She's been my best friend for about ten years and we've always stuck together no matter the cost. I think it's amazing I went this far without telling her.
     "Why did you post that?! Do you know that's called threatening? I'm going to report your post to the police!", I said.
     "Well, give us back what we deserve.", replied Handy.
     "We don't know what you're talking about!"
     "Really? So you don't know why we've been chasing you? You don't know why we keep bothering you? You don't know why we keep fighting you?!"
     Then, from a distance, I heard a pleading cry.
     It was Ellie.
     Mike's girlfriend.
     That's right, my twin brother has a girlfriend, and I don't. Go ahead, get it out of your system. How am I ever going to get a girl if I can't even talk to one, whom I have been best friends with for years? Why does the world work this way? Why does it like to test my mental, emotional, and physical ability? I don't understand.
     "Stop! Stop fighting! Please! We just want the ruby back!"
     We all just stared at each other in confusion. We didn't know what she was talking about. I have actually never seen a real ruby in my life.
     "What ruby?", asked Em. "And what would you idiots want with a boring red rock like that any ways?"
     "Stop playing tricks on us! We know you have it, give it up!", Handy demanded.
     "Just send them into the tank, boss! We can test the new tank on them!", Amy suggested.
     "Ugh, fine." She approached a table with a remote control on it.
     I was waiting anxiously for her to press the button and I closed my eyes.
     I could only hear footsteps, slow and fast. The slower ones soon became the faster ones, running around, but for what purpose? I couldn't open my eyes. I'm scared. I'm starting to have regrets of certain things that have happened in the past. But I heard something similar to a cellphone hitting the ground when a teenager or adult accidentally drops it. It wasn't a cellphone, I realized at that moment it was the remote! I opened my eyes to see Ellie stepping on the remote, smashing it into small fragments.
     "I told you to stop, but you wouldn't listen, would you? I'm done with you guys. I should've become a rebel the minute the others did."
     She past us, out the door behind us.
     She could've left with us if she had the chance.
     If she wasn't forced to stay.