Rekindle II

●●● TWO YEARS LATER ●●●

It was 3 in the afternoon and the afternoon larks has sung their song, prompting the people for an incoming rain.

"Kiana, go get Kona! Her class must be done by now!" Kiana's mom shouted from the kitchen. "And take her to the park for a while. These cookies will be done before you and Kona arrives."

"I'm busy, mom!" Kiana answered from upstairs as she was playing Nintendo Super Mario Bros "Besides, why me?! Couldn't she just walk from school to home?!"

"KIANA KASLANA, YOUR LITTLE SISTER IS SEVEN YEARS OLD. HOW DO YOU EXPECT A KID 5 BLOCKS AWAY KNOWS WHERE TO TURN AND STUFF ON HER OWN?!" Her mother yelled " GO GET HER NOW OR YOU'RE GROUNDED."

Kiana rushed out of the house.
'Geez, mom's a little bit more off than usual.' She thought.

As she was passing by the bridge, she saw kids jumping by the river, diving in and out of the water as if they were in their own little world, unaffected by reality.

'You little sh*theads doesn't know what's coming. Enjoy your time being a teenager as long as it lasts.' Kiana smirked with nostalgia.

"Hey Kiana..." a female voice caught her out of her trance. "Where are you heading this afternoon, young lady?"

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Miles. I'm sorry about  Carl. He was such a great friend." She smiled half heartedly "I was just going to get my little sister."

"It's alright, Kiana. Nobody wanted that accident to happen. Besides, his big brother Kenshin, is always here to help us..." The lady nodded with approval "Anyway, I saw your sister with Zecai. You know, the one who went away for months and didn't come back? He's back in town."

Zecai?
Zecaisem?
Zecaisem A. Gamata?

"Z-Zecai..??" It hit her like a tidal wave. Heat and anticipation churned inside her like a pit. The name itself refreshed the wounds that was long healed in her heart.

"Are you okay, love?" Mrs. Miles asked with a concerned look on her face. "You look a bit pale, hun. Would you like to come inside for a while?"

"No, I'm fine, it's just the weather..." She snapped out of her daze "...yeah, just the weather. Have you seen where'd they off to, Mrs. Miles? "

"Oh, they are headed for the park around the corner just a few minutes ago." She answered.

Dammit, Kona.

"Okay thank you. See you later, Mrs. Miles!" She dashed off.

I need to get Kona out of that stranger's hands.