For the Children III

"Belle, you're late. Go change now." Julia grabbed Bella's clothes and shoved her in the stall.

            People are shouting at each other. People are coming in and out of the room. Girls are wearing their heavy makeup and cute wigs, making themselves more attractive.

            Hot pink faux feathers, fish nets and empty hairspray cans are every where. The music is blaring and people are shouting at each other.

           "How do I look?" Belle got out of the stall. Before she entered the place, she was wearing a white shirt, brown jacket and ripped jeans.

           But now, she's wearing short shorts and a sexy black top.

           "You look fine, hun. Just put this wig on and you're fine. Also, remember, your name is Candy when you are out there. Now, go." Julia fixed Belle's wig before leading her to the door which goes right to the stage.

           But before Belle climbs up on the stage, she faced Julia.

           "Julia, I can't do this any more. What about baby Dawn? What if they'll discover that their mom is a... " Belle looked at herself "... a club girl?"

           "So, what if you are a club girl? Remember Isabel. She gave you her baby Dawn for you to raise on your own because you're unable to make one...

...would you like baby Dawn to despise you for forbidding him a good life when he grows up? I know this job defeats our morals, but there's no other in this ghetto..." Julia looked into Belle's eyes with alarm.

           "Besides, you signed the contract two weeks ago. Now, go!"

           "Hey guys, Juno is back in the stage! How are you tonight? You good? Well, hola!" Even Belle herself is disgusted of what she is doing. She could've been a dance instructor or a teacher by now, but it seems clubbing is the only reliable way to get money if you are a single mother.

           Now she dances the night away for people she does not know by the pole on the stage in the club for a baby she does not own.

.
.
.
Love for a friend.