Chapter 4...

The gate finally opened enough for them to get out and they wasted no time at all doing so. As soon as they were out the gate slammed itself shut and locked itself. The squeak it made while closing was almost unbearable but they had already gotten far away from it. The teenagers had ran like they were in the hundred meter sprint and competing for first place, they had entered a forest. Even though they were clearly lost, nobody stopped running. About half way into the forest everyone was drenched and covered in scratches and bruises, not to mention Willow still had the cut on her leg and Jake had caught his arm on a branch and cut that as well, they couldnt run for much longer.

"Wait! I know this place!" Jason exclaimed as he stopped running and examined his surroundings.

"Oh thank god!" Amber smiled with relief. "Is there a place we can stop so i can bandage Jakes arm?"

"Sadly not yet but we can walk from here. Our town isnt too far." Jason explained, leading the way. Not long after they reached their town.

By now it was dawn, the storm had stopped and the sun was rising, lighting up the sky.

"Finally something beautiful to look at..." Willow sighed, admiring the sunrise.

"What are you talking about?" Jason asked, Willow just gave him a confused look. "Weve had you to look at this whole time." He lowered his voice while saying the last sentence. A rose-red blush filled their cheeks. Suddenly Willow marched up to Jason and, expecting her to slap him, he closed his eyes waiting for the impact. When it came he stood there wide-eyed, it wasnt the impact he was expecting... Willow had.. kissed him? Without having control over his own actions, he kissed back.

"Awwww thats lovely!" Jake cooed with a, now, bandaged arm.

"I knew they liked each other!" Amber celebrated after finding out she was right. The two lovebirds pulled away with bright red faces. Wanting to have a little break from walking, everyone just sat on the grass, not caring if it was still wet, and watched the sunrise.

When they returned home their parents were in tears. They explained everything that had happened, not expecting their families to believe them. The group had to go to the hospital where Willow and Jake got stitches and the other two just had to get a checkup for any infections.

The four of them severely hoped that none of them had to ever go back to that mansion. That someone would find it and knock it down or that the fire they left in the fireplace would burn it to the ground.