Cruisin with Red

Katie looked up from her plate in confusion. "I don't think I'm allowed to" Keith walked over and took her plate and placed it into the sink.

"Well it's not like we'll go free riding. I have to go to work at 1:00 you just have to come with me" he crossed his arms one more raising an eyebrow at Katie's dog who was sniffing around looking for some leftovers that fell off Katie's plate.

Katie stood up stretching, "I guess so"

Keith guided Katie to the shed next to his house where his red motorcycle was parked. He turned on the small light grabbing his cherry red helmet and started to look for his spare.

Katie tapped her foot hearing the clanking around her wondering what Keith is looking for.

"Ah! There it is, it's a bit old and it smells like pine needles but it's better than nothing." Keith said having Katie feel the green helmet.

It had a smooth outer shell but a bump where the V shaped logo was. "What's this part?" Keith turned around putting his helmet under his arm. "That's the logo, all my bike equipment comes from Voltron Inc. They're expensive but very good at what they do"

Katie nodded and had Keith help her put it on. "It's squishing my face" he mumbled

"that's what it's supposed to do Kate" he smacked the top of her helmet playfully and she flinched "hey!" She shouted but it was muffled buy the large helmet.

"Okay you need help getting on?"

"I think I can handle it" she replied almost tripping over Keith's foot but eventually getting on the motorcycle.

Keith started his motorcycle and it growls loudly out of the muffler. Katie flinched once more from the sound but soon got used to the rumbling.

"Doesn't she sound like a lion?" Keith shouted over the loud roaring. Katie nodded in agreement.

Keith lifted the peg holding the bike up and started to step to the road. Katie holding on to him tightly. "Ready?" Keith turned his head seeing Katie's glass like eyes light up with wonder "yeah!"

The bike then started to move slowly then picked up speed once they were on the road.

Katie then lifted the visor and felt the wind on her face smiling

Keith hearing Katie laugh made him happy after what had  recently happened