Chapter 21- Changes

Julianna's POV- 

"Why did Blaire go off with Jackson? She KNEW that we were having a girls' night, and we were trying to go have fun without drama. Why did she stir more up? I'm kinda mad." I told Ari. I really was mad. 

"It's fine. Just don't worry about it. We will have fun without her, and we can make her mad by not answering her call in an hour, IF she actually answers." Ari said. I agree with her. 

"Let's go on the Sooper Dooper Looper!!" Ari says. 

"Ugh!" I groan. "Do we HAVE to??"

"Yes! Now come on!!" She says, and pulls me toward the roller coaster... but with a loop! Ugh! My worst nightmare.

Blaire's POV-

"So, what's up, 'Jax'? See? I've never called you that before!" He looks at me like I just took 5 happy pills. "Sorry, I'm excited. I've had a LOT of soda... yeahhh..." I said. I looked down. Jackson is a lot taller than me, so he had to bend down to stop me from staring at my shoes by bending down and waving at me. 

"Uh, hello?? Earth to Blaire!!!" He said. I broke my gaze. 

"Oh, sorry. I just am trying to think of things to say before this gets awkward." I said.

"Who says this will get awkward? I just need to talk to you for a sec." He says, assuring me that it won't be awkward. Oh, he was sadly mistaken. 

"So, I have one question for you. What..." He said. I could tell he was getting nervous and embarrassed. I played it off buddy-buddy.

"Come on. What's up??" I said, punching his arm. He laughs a little.  Then he gets serious. 

"Are you seeing anyone? Because I have this friend-"

"Wait, do you mean Carter?" I said, sort of yelled. "Ugh! I'm gonna get that jerk! Man, he doesn't own me!" I yell. Everyone stares at us now. 

Jackson puts his hands on my shoulders. 

"Listen. I know you have been through a hard time for the past week or two, and I didn't want to make it any harder. I like you, Blaire. Like, Like-like you. And I know, that that sounds like a 5-year-old thing to say, and it is crazy. I know, and if you don't like me back, then, okay. I'll wait, though. I don't seem like the type to, but I am, and I will." He said to me. I was entranced. 

"Will you promise me, that if we will be a 'thing', you won't make Carter angry about it? I know he's a jerk, but-" I was cut off. 

"Blaire, I'm not going to do this to make him jealous. I'm doing this for us. To make us happy. I don't want to become your boyfriend if your not happy. It isn't real." He says. He grabs my hand. Now I'm feeling something. Carter never did this... 

My phone rings. I don't answer it. 

he leans in, and kisses me. It feels like an eternity, even though it was about two seconds until someone interrupted us. 

"Eh HEM!"