Chapter Three: Flowers for Red Hill.

Chapter Three-

Flowers for Red Hill.

Today was cold, so cold that if you got a nail and plunged it into the ground the world might shatter into a million pieces. I opened my mouth and saw fog coming out, it was weird because we were in the middle autumn but it felt like it was already winter. I could feel the coldness surrounded me as I pulled off the covers, there were goose-bumps all over my arms and legs.

     It’s 8:00am on a Sunday morning and everyone in the house is still asleep, I would be too except I had somewhere I had to go, something I hadn’t done in a long time. But I wasn’t going to do that until later, still I had gotten enough sleep yesterday.

     After washing up I walked back into my room and over to the cupboard were I picked out a pair of black leggings, black long sleave top and on top of that I found a navy blue cotton dress that reached just above my knees, along with my black converse shoes. I left my wavy dark brown hair out today, hanging below my waist line, not bothering to brush it. I turned back to the bed side table and got my IPod before leaving the room.

     It was warmer in the living-room, they must have forgotten to turn the heater off before going to bed. Just as I was about to reach the front door I heard a ‘creak’ behind me.

     “What are you doin’ up so early?” Asked Sarah in a morning croaky voice. The sight of her without face on made me feel a little nauseous.

     “I’m going out?” I answered, trying not to look.

     “Where?” She asked, her eyes squinted.

     Before I could answer, she had already gone into the bathroom. I could tell she really wanted to know where I was going. With a sigh I picked up my bag and jacket then left the house but when I opened the door, the cold air hit me like a wave as I walked outside. Walking along the footpath, the parked cars windows looked like they were made of ice, and the dark grey overcast gave off a gloomy mood. I put my earphones in my ears and pressed play at any random song that came up first. ‘Fire coming out of the monkey’s head- Gorillaz’. Then shoved my hands into my jacket pockets to stop my figures from freezing off.

     As I walked on the sidewalk a car slowed down behind me, its music was pumped up so loud the lyrics with my song and theirs were getting mixed up. It came up next to me and a guy had his arm sticking out of the window nodding to the beat. It was a washed out white, looked to be in its 2000’s, Mitsubishi with those weird tail things at the back. I looked over at him and he nodded at me, there was another one next to him and two more at the back. The way they were looking at me made me feel sick.

     “Hay!” The one at the back on the window side called.

     I just kept on walking not bothering to even glance to my right, people like these guys were a waste of time. Driving around with the music up to the point of, shut up, and dispirit to the point of, pathetic.

     “Hay gorgeous, you wanna’ a ride.” He asked.

     “Hay, baby.” The guy from next to him said. “You must be in a no parking zone… because you’ve got FIINNE written all over you.” He turned and got praised by his friends.

     Ugh- these guys obviously didn’t remember me from the last time they tried to pick me up. Their constant howling and whistling was getting really annoying, so I made a left and walked on the path between the Craft-Shop and the Video-Easy. I could hear them shouting at me to come back, but I ignored them.