Chapter Four: Do I know you?

Chapter Four-

Do I know you?

It’s weird… I’ve had this dream before. I don’t know where I am, I might be in a river or the ocean. Or maybe just a really, really deep pool, either way I’m trying to swim, pushing my arms and legs but it isn’t working, for all I knew I was pushing myself deeper. Water was pressing down on me from all sides, the more I struggled the more it hurt. My lungs burned for more air, and even though I knew I wouldn’t get any, I took a breath in. Cold water filled my lungs, and my head started pounding. I had no fight left in me and I gave in, the hopelessness was starting to sink in. I allowed the dark cold water to take me, deeper and deeper, colder and darker. With the silence surrounding me, my muscles relaxed and I was calm for a moment, then everything slowly faded to black…

*****

I hated that dream, it always felt so real. I slowly opened my eyes as I awoke, the room had dull light but I could tell that it was bright outside and I felt a cold wind blow through the open window, bringing in that sweet smell. I rested my hand over my throat and tried to exhale, it stung a little when I swallowed. Water, I need water. I thought as I stepped onto the floor and tried to stand up, a sharp pain shot up from my ankles to my hip and I immediately fell to my knees. I couldn’t move, the lower half of my body felt like I was being stabbed by thousands of needles. I squeezed my eyes shut and tensed my body then with one last strike of pain I widened my eyes as I tried not to let out a scream. I stayed there a while as the pain slowly but surely faded away. I felt confident enough to stand up but still held onto my bed for extra support, and started thinking about what just happened.

     I’ve been feeling pain all around my body lately but none quite as painful as this, I feel weird, like I might throw up. I think I should cancel the day with Emily, I thought.

     As I sat there, on my bed, debating on weather I would cancel or not. My phone vibrated from underneath my pillow, I didn’t even have to look to see who it was.

[Message: Emily]

K, change of plan. I want 2 meet at da shops, I have 2 see if its true. We’ll meet at 10:00am. C u dere. ByeJ

                                        Sent, 9:53am.

God that girl and her spelling, and really, short notice much. I thought, as I opened the door and stuck my head out.

     “Frankie, you there?” I shouted. He should be up by now, it may be a long weekend but he still has to go to work.

     “Yeah!” She shouted back. “What?”

     “Can you drop me off at Broadmeadows shops?” I asked.

     He paused before answering. “Why?” He finally asked.

     “I’m gonna meet, Em!” I said.

     “Okay, love. What time?” He asked.

     “In seven minutes.” I replied.

     He paused again. “You ready?” He asked.