Chapter Two: Never Forget You.

[Hello, just letting you know the '*****' represent the start and the finish of the flash-back. Enjoy.]

Chapter Two-

Never forget you.

There was no one else but me. It is almost eleven- thirty and the moon has Illuminated the wild landscape, the sky was filled with a countless amount of stars. It’s warm but there was a cool wind blowing tonight, the swaying trees and rustling leaves could be heard but not seen, for the surrounding darkness had blotted out all but the faintest light. Briefly, veils of clouds eclipsed the full moon making the remaining light, dull and lifeless. I waited for the clouds to pass so that the light of the moon would shine again.

*****

(Eight years ago flash-back.)

“Mullaway Beach Holiday Cabins. You’ll feel relaxed as you enter your peaceful cabin built under beautiful paperbark trees, and a view to a private yard. Oh look there’s more. And beyond that, just meters away, is the beach!”

“Honey, please doesn’t read the brochure while you’re driving.”

(End.)

*****

It’s late, very late and I should start getting home. I was on top of the roof of the old and abandoned manikin factory. Well it wasn’t really that old, it opened around two years ago, but it kind of… sunk. The ground here wasn’t the best to build on, the area was damp and it made the soil soft. But that was mostly because of the dark- grey rain clouds that have been hovering over Melbourne. It was stated ‘UNSAFE’ and no one is allowed to work here anymore. It was just left here to rot alone in silence, cut away from the rest of the world.

         I crawled over to the trap door towards the edge of the roof, which led to a ladder. It was kind of rusty so after I climbed down my hands turned an organish-grey colour. As I made my way to the ground level it was very interesting due to the fact that it was a manikin factory and some of the manikins looked like people, they kind of freaked me out. There are five levels but if you knew which way to go you would find your way quickly, there are so many different rooms and there are manikins everywhere. Sometimes when I’d accidentally bump into one I’d apologise because I thought it was a real person.

     The house isn’t that far away from the factory it usually only takes me 15 minutes to get home.

     I reached a gate that separated this large and empty land from the main road, the footpath littered the surrounding streets, and I’d sometimes see an odd shadow in an odd place. It was like any other neighbourhood during the day, but it gets a little scary at night, especially this late. But I’ve done this so many times already, I even developed this thing were I put my hands in my pockets, hunch my back and put my head down, like I’m walking through the rain. It would have worked better if I’d brought my hoody tonight, but I after Dantalion’s brother dropped me off I came straight here which means I’m still in my school uniform. Strictly no hoodies or any other clothing or items unrelenting to the school uniform protocol. –Not that anyone actually follows the rules-.