[9] Not-really-dating-but-liked-each-other friends

---

---

~ Dark side // Bishop Briggs *

~ Xenoanthropology // Jóhann Jóhannson (Arrival Soundtrack) **

~ Ending // Isak Danielson *** 

---

*note: mentions of suicide 

*

A sudden beeping interrupts Stiles' train of thought, the boy about to slightly interrogate Charlie about Brett, who was still lying unconscious on the floor. He pulls out his phone, Stiles' face frowning slightly at the message, his eyes flickering back up to the room. "It's my dad, he's wanting me back to make a statement about Violet, the assassin." Deaton nods a few times, his concerned gaze moving down to the werewolf. Stiles pauses slightly, gaze darting to the okami who was still staring at Brett. "Will he be okay?" The boy's tone is slightly sharp, causing Charlie to quickly look up at him, a frown forming. She could see the jealousy that he was trying to hide, the girl breaking the eye contact to look back at the beta.

"I think so...Charlie, would you mind staying with him until he wakes up? I have to get some work done back at home, just in case he gets delirious and tries to get up," Her godfather explains, causing the okami to nod a few times. Stiles raises an eyebrow, eyes darting between the two.

"Sure that's fine, there's no school tomorrow anyway," Charlie's gaze flickers down to Brett before she stands up, helping Derek lift the boy onto the metal examination table, setting him down with a soft thud. After exchanging a few words with Deaton, the omega werewolf gives Charlie a nod before walking out of the clinic, leaving the okami and Stiles in silence while Deaton exits as well, shouting a bye at his god-daughter. The girl could smell the indecision and jealousy on Stiles, the girl letting out a breath as the feelings practically roll off him. Charlie hears him take in a breath, jaw clenching.

"Hey, can I talk to you outside?" Stiles asks, causing the girl to frown slightly in confusion. "It's just that what I want to say, I don't really want to say it front of a random unconscious werewolf."

"Oh, uh, sure?" The end of the sentence comes out as a question, the girl following Stiles out of the room and into to the reception of the clinic. He takes a breath, shifting slightly from foot to foot as the okami looks at him expectantly. There is a pause right before he speaks, Charlie frowning at his strange manner. 

"I'm sorry," the boy breaks the silence, almost like a wave would, the words crashing into her and leaving her in a cold shock. Her eyes snap to Stiles', beginning to frown as she watches him press his lips together, fingertips twirling around each other nervously. "I just...need to explain this, so hear me out. Please."

"I-I don't know what happened with Malia. I slept with her back when I was in Eichen House and I don't know if it was the nogitsune at the time, but then she kept coming over after...her, and with Scott not really around..." Charlie's throat tightens as he avoids Allison's name, the girl flickering her eyes downward as her mind flashes back to the month that went by after the huntress was murdered and the darkness that seemed almost attached to it. The okami's shoulders slump slightly as she runs a hand over her face, exhaling.