INTERLUDE I

ALTERNATE TITLE: CURLY FRIES!

---

~ Past Lives // BØRNS *

~ No Roots // Alice Merton **

~ Human // dodie feat. Tom Walker **

--- 

*

"Oh my god I want to sleep for like ten years," Charlie lets out a groan as the collective junior year finally leaves the stuffy classroom after nearly three hours of rigorous test conditions. "I can't believe they made us sit a makeup PSAT, considering there was an actual murderer supervising the last one," the okami mumbles exhaustedly, stretching out her arms. 

"I gotta say that went considerably better than last time and I didn't get almost shot, which is a plus" Stiles quips, earning a light eye roll from the girl who tilts her head a little at her boyfriend. The boy freezes as the girl reaches toward his head, looking at her with a confused expression. Charlie pulls a pencil out from behind his ear, holding it up as he blinks a little. 

"Missed one," the okami replies, raising an eyebrow as he takes the pencil off her, flicking it between his fingers a little. Charlie turns her head, watching as Scott, Kira and Malia all follow behind them, looking as tired as she felt. Stiles pushes open the door, squinting as the sun shines brightly. She spots Lydia leaning against her toyota, looking down as she inspects her nails carefully. At the sound of footsteps, the banshee looks up, smiling a little at them.

They move toward the strawberry blonde, pausing a little as they wait for the rest of the group to join them. "Okay, I don't know about you guys but I need food," Stiles begins, clapping his hands together a little. "How does everyone feel about burgers?" At this, most of the group put their hands up aside from Lydia who wrinkles her nose a little. At this, Charlie lets out an eye roll, grabbing the girl's hand and shoving it into the air. 

"Lydia says yes as well," the okami states, causing the strawberry blonde to snatch her hand back before reluctantly nodding. 

"Fine, where are we going?" She sighs, eyes flicking to Stiles who pauses for a second before grinning. 

"Only the best diner in the world," the boy replies, raising his eyebrows in excitement. Stiles then quickly runs to the jeep before the group can reply, getting in and turning on the engine. 

"Stiles you haven't told us where it is..." Scott sighs while still smiling at his best friend's excitement. He turns to Charlie, looking at her expectantly. 

"Honestly it would be easier to just follow the jeep," the girl replies, unsure on the location, causing them all to nod. They all move to their respective vehicles, Scott and Kira getting on his bike while Lydia and Malia get into her car. Charlie pulls open the door, looking at Stiles excited expression. "You are way too excited about fries honestly, you had some yesterday."