Chapter 4 Smoke, Sparklers And Stars

By the time we jumped into the car, the sun was gone and in it's place was the breathtaking, shinny moon. One by one the stars brightened up the pitch black sky. I stared into the night sky, watching everything change around me.

"I hope you're not tired or anything" Luke said looking over to me.

I looked deep into his eyes before replying "Oh no I'm just thinking" "Thinking about what?" he questioned, his eyes full of curiosity

"About how great today has been" I said smiling at him at him, "Well like said, it's not over yet" he said pulling over

"Lu, what are we doing? Why have we stopped?" I said climbing out of the car just as he did. He moved over to the trunk and pulled out a box.

"Come on" he cheerfully said grabbing my hand.

We moved into the middle of the road and he opened the box.

Inside was a pack of smoke bombs: he grabbed two out, set them off then passed me one. We held them up and watched the smoke flow through the air.

In excitement, I decided to run with it and let the smoke go wild creating different patterns.

The smoke finally died down after and the smoke disappeared into the night

"That was amazing" I said walking over to Luke, he sat down onto the road and I decided to join him

I wait patiently, wondering what's going to happen next. Luke suddenly opens up the box again pulling out two Sparklers, he swiftly passes me one then lights them. We don't move a muscle, we just sit there watching the sparks intertwine and dance with each other. I look over to Luke with a big smile engulfing my face

The Sparklers then die out and I stop looking at Luke and allow myself to fall back, letting my body hit the cool, hard concrete

The Sparklers then die out and I stop looking at Luke and allow myself to fall back, letting my body hit the cool, hard concrete. Luke watches me then eventually joins me an we stare up into the night sky. Before realising it, I was resting my head on his chest.

"The stars are so beautiful" I say deciding to finally break the silence,

"I know, I wish I could be up in the air every single star or at least walking along the galaxies"

After a while, I notice we are back in the car and on the move. I must have drifted asleep, I look down and notice I have Luke's jacket covering me. I sit up and look out the window watching the trees and buildings go by.

"I see you're awake" Luke begins to say and I look over at him "how long was I out" "5 minutes, I thought it was best to take you home" I nodded in response

"I really enjoyed today, thank you so much" "So did I".

We eventually arrived at my house and we got out, slowly walking towards my door. "Thank you once again for everything, I really enjoyed every moment"

I smiled at him then turned around to meet his gaze. "Me too, I hope we can do this again" he said looking into my eyes. "Yeah that would be great" we just stood there staring at each other.

Breathing heavily, I couldn't help but stare at his irresistible lips, I so badly wanted to lean in and kiss them but I just wasn't able to get myself to do it.

"Well I can't keep you out here" he spoke quietly so I wouldn't harm but I knew he wanted to stay. "I... I better go... Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow.. Bye"

And just like that, Luke was gone