Chapter Nine (Part 2)

Elder Jiang, Tao Tu Yun, Su Wu and Feng Yu ran into the calligraphy room. They saw a flipped table, a broken bowl of soup and they heard Li Tai Fang's whimpering out of fear.

Elder Jiang supported the sweaty Dong Fang Ao.

'Second master, are you alright?' elder Jiang asked.

'Order the guards to imprison Li Tai Fang in the storage room,' Dong Fang Ao instructed. 'I'll deal with her later.'

The guards imprisoned Li Tai Fang, and elder Jiang helped Dong Fang Ao walked to the bed in the calligraphy room.

'Second master, you're impressive,' elder Jiang said. 'Even under the influence of lust powder, you can control your body for this long.'

Dong Fang Ao didn't hear elder Jiang's praise because he became unconscious on the bed.

'Elder Jiang, will he be alright?' Tao Tu Yun asked.

'Lady Tao, second master needs you to take care of him tonight,' elder Jiang said.

Elder Jiang signalled Su Wu to leave the calligraphy room with him.

'Elder Jiang... Su Wu...' Tao Tu Yun called.

Tao Tu Yun sighed and sat on the bed next to Dong Fang Ao. She watched over him, and fell asleep on the bed in the middle of the night.

When Dong Fang Ao woke up, he was happy to see Tao Tu Yun sleeping next to him. He tenderly stroked her cheeks, and she stirred awake.

'You're awake,' Tao Tu Yun said. 'Do you feel pain anywhere?'

'No,' Dong Fang Ao said. 'Did you stay with me the whole time?'

Dong Fang Ao hadn't seen Tao Tu Yun for two days. He missed her and her complexion was still pale.

'Yes,' Tao Tu Yun said. 'I was worried about you. Why did lady Li give you lust powder?'

'Because she wants to use force to become my wife,' Dong Fang Ao said.

Dong Fang Ao remembered his head felt dizzy after eating a bowl of soup. Then Li Tai Fang entered the calligraphy room without his permission. Li Tai Fang shamelessly swayed her hips toward him. He flipped the table. Luckily elder Jiang ran into the calligraphy room and Li Tai Fang's plan failed.

'Tu Yun, tomorrow the truth will be exposed,' Dong Fang Ao said.

'Do you mean...' Tao Tu Yun said.

If Dong Fang Ao had evidence then he knew Tao Tu Yun was his real fiance. Was he going to reject her tomorrow?

'I'll explain everything tomorrow,' Dong Fang Ao said. 'My head is still dizzy. I can't escort you back to the bedchamber tonight. Sleep with me here tonight.'

Tao Tu Yun stood up abruptly.

'I can go back to the bedchamber on my own,' Tao Tu Yun said.

'Stay,' Dong Fang Ao said. 'I promise I won't touch you before the wedding. It's late so it's not safe for you to walk back to the bedchamber alone. Sleep with me here tonight.'

'But... the wedding isn't certain,' Tao Tu Yun said.

Tao Tu Yun's back faced Dong Fang Ao, because she didn't want him to see how hurt she felt thinking about him rejecting her.

'Is that so?' Dong Fang Ao said. 'Keep your eyes wide open and see what happens. Do you want to come back to the bed voluntarily or do you need my help?'

Tao Tu Yun understood Dong Fang Ao wasn't bluffing. She slowly laid on the bed and he hugged her tightly.

'Fang Ao...' Tao Tu Yun called and blushed.