Chapter Ten (Part 2)

Dong Fang Ao was lost in his grief that he didn't notice Tao Tu Yun was slowly opening her eyes.

'Ah...' Tao Tu Yun murmured.

Tao Tu Yun's soft murmur startled Dong Fang Ao. He slowly opened his teary eyes, looked at Tao Tu Yun's face and cried joyful tears.

News of Dong Fang Ao's dead wife coming back to life quickly spread throughout Luo Yang province. The citizens believed the generations of the Dong Fang Household's good deeds miraculously revived Tao Tu Yun's life.

The physician believed in miracles for the first time when the physician checked Tao Tu Yun's pulse. Tao Tu Yun's pulse was healthy compared to her faint pulse the last time the physician examined her.

Everyone in the Dong Fang Manor took good care of Tao Tu Yun, and she recovered her health quickly.

'Mistress, eat this bowl of soup,' Su Wu said.

Dong Fang Ao walked into the bedchamber and saw his wife was awake.

'Su Wu, I'll feed my wife,' Dong Fang Ao said.

'Fang Ao, I can feed myself,' Tao Tu Yun protested.

Dong Fang Ao took the bowl of soup from Su Wu's hands and gestured Su Wu to leave.

Su Wu left the bedchamber and Dong Fang Ao sat on the bed next to Tao Tu Yun with the bowl of soup in his hands.

'Let me feed you,' Dong Fang Ao insisted.

Dong Fang Ao thought his wife's complexion was still pale but he was grateful she was alive.

'Fang Ao, I'm sorry I made everyone at the Dong Fang Manor worry about me,' Tao Tu Yun said.

After Tao Tu Yun woke up, Su Wu recounted everything Dong Fang Ao and everyone else at the Dong Fang Manor did to save Tao Tu Yun's life.

'Tu Yun, you're not an outsider,' Dong Fang Ao said. 'You're my wife. It's natural for everyone at the Dong Fang Manor to take care of my wife. Besides, of course I would honor my promise for us to grow old together.'

Tao Tu Yun's heart was deeply moved by Dong Fang Ao's words.

Dong Fang Ao fed Tao Tu Yun the bowl of soup. He put the empty bowl of soup on the table and hugged her.

Dong Fang Ao could only relax when he could feel Tao Tu Yun's heartbeat. The memory of her heart stopped beating traumatized him.

'Fang Ao, I can't believe I'm alive,' Tao Tu Yun said. 'We're married and we'll get to grow old together.'

Tao Tu Yun felt her being alive was surreal. She was grateful the heavens let her live a long life with Dong Fang Ao.

'Wife, you owe me a wedding night,' Dong Fang Ao said. 'You need to compensate me a wedding night.'

Dong Fang Ao pulled the beaded curtains down. He laid on top of Dong Fang Ao's soft body and kissed her lips while undressing her and himself.

The beaded curtains clinked together in rhythm with the newlyweds' movements on the bed.

When Tao Tu Yun woke up again, her body ached and on her left wrist there was a familiar jade bracelet with Dong FangAo's name engraved on the jade bracelet. Seeing Dong Fang Ao's name made her remember their first time together and her face turned red.

Su Wu parted the beaded curtains and Tao Tu Yun coughed awkwardly. Tao Tu Yun was embarrassed Su Wu saw her naked body after her first time together with Dong Fang Ao.

'Mistress, I prepared a bath tub of warm water for you,' Su Wu said. 'After a bath, you'll feel refreshed.'

Su Wu helped Tao Tu Yun sit in the bathtub. She suppressed her urge to tease Tao Tu Yun after seeing Dong Fang Ao's kiss marks all over Tao Tu Yun's body.