Chapter 2 - Heritage Revealed & Escape

I was huddled in a corner of my room in my now-blue skin. If there was a scale of fear and horror from one to ten, it would soar past that.

"Lillith, may I come in?" It was my grandmother's voice.

"Yes, you may." I timidly responded. She opened the door to find me in my current position. Looking up at her, I said, "I'm scared, Grandmother."

"Oh, my dear, it's alright." Grandmother cooed as she wrapped a blanket around my frame. She helped me up so that I could sit on my bed next to her.

"Grandmother, what is happening? Who am I?" I asked her, fearful of the answer. She sighed.

"Lillith, you are not only Vanir, but you are also half Frost Giant. Your father is a Frost Giant from Jötunheim. His father is Laufey, the king of Jötunheim. During the first war with the Frost Giants, your grandfather took your father after the bloodshed had ended. Your father's magic was so powerful that your grandfather wanted to use him as a weapon. When your grandfather brought him home, the first sight of him, to me, was precious. We ended up raising him like our own son." Grandmother told me. My skin returned to normal and hid the blue pigment. "Although this is the truth, I do not want you to think ill of your grandfather nor your father. I just wish your grandfather would tell him already."

"How can I think ill of Grandfather or Father? I love them both. It may be the truth, but just the fact I am not blood-related towards Grandfather, Uncle Thor, or you does not mean I love you any less. You are my family nonetheless." I reasoned with her, shoving the blankets away from me. "It makes sense that my mother did not make it after child birth. Her body could not handle the Frost Giant part of me."

"Yes, it is true." Grandmother embraced me and kissed the top of my head. "You may have been born out of wedlock, but that does not mean your grandfather and me do not love you any less."

"I love you, too, Grandmother." I returned her embrace before I pulled back. "But I cannot stay here with the knowledge of another Frost Giant war waging on our front door."

"Heimdall knows of this. He is waiting for your departure." Grandmother informed me. "However, he will not allow you to leave unless you have your grandfather's permission."

"He will not like the fact I am leaving. How will I tell Father, though? He will forbid it."

"Leave your father to me. There is no doubt he will be hurt and angered, but he will know deep down that this is to protect you." Grandmother stated. "Now, go. Every second that passes makes it closer to your father finding out."

I rushed to the throne room, after saying goodbye to Grandmother, to find Grandfather talking to a group of guards. Grandfather saw me walk in, so he dismissed the group of guards he was talking to. After I walked to the throne, I kneeled before my grandfather.

"My dear, what has troubled you?" Grandfather asked me.

"Grandfather, I have the knowledge that another Frost Giant war is about to break loose. Uncle Thor, the Warriors Three, Sif, and Father are on their way to Jötunheim. However, I ask for your permission to leave Asgard. I am only asking this to protect myself of what is to come." I say to him, still on my knees.

"I take it that your grandmother has informed you of your heritage?" he inquired as I nodded. "I see. Since I know that your grandmother will inform you father of your absence, you have my permission. Though, I can safely say that I will miss you, my dear granddaughter." Grandfather walked over to me. "My dear, you may rise and give me one final embrace before your departure." I stood and embraced him. "May the stars shine bright wherever you may go. I'll be watching over you."

"Thank you, Grandfather. Please take care of yourself and all of Asgard." I detached myself from the embrace. "I will not say goodbye because there may be a day where I will return. Instead, I will say I will miss you, too." Grandfather kissed the crown of my head as a blessing before he dismissed me from the throne room. Although I would have loved to across the iridescent bridge, I had to rush away from Asgard to avoid my father. I did the fastest way of transportation: teleportation.

"Greetings, Princess Lillith." Heimdall greeted after I teleported to the BiFrost.

"Hello, Heimdall. How are you faring?" I asked him.

"I fare quite well. I assume you are the same?" he inquired of me. I nodded. "Have you received permission from the Allfather?"

"Yes, I have." Heimdall gestured for me to stand at the entrance of the BiFrost.

"Where would you like to go?"

I thought about it for a minute before I remembered the meaning of my name. "Midgard, please."

"May you do well in your endeavors, Princess." Heimdall told me as he started up the BiFrost.

"Thank you, Heimdall. Guard Asgard well." I responded back before I stepped into the BiFrost. Rainbow of colors flew by me as I thought, I am sorry, Father, before I landed.