twenty-nine

skye's pov

nilipat na si kuya sa ICU, since hindi pa rin siya nagkakamalay. donny's still here.

"dons." i called him. nakasandal at nakatingin lang siya sa lapag. "donny."

napatingin siya sa akin and quickly approached me. "y-yes? are you okay na?"

i nodded and smiled. you don't know how much i love you, you precious guy.

"go home muna please? take care of yourself too. okay na ko." i assured him. he was about to say something but i cut him and hugged him tight. "thank you donny. thank you so much for being here with me. you don't know how much i wanna thank you. you deserve the best. now, please take care of yourself for me and for everybody. i don't want to see you like this just because of me. we're both not in good conditions. i know how you feel right now, so please?"

we stayed in that position for about 3 minutes. "i love you donny."

"i love you, skye. please take care too. i'll be back tomorrow." i nodded and stood up. hinatid ko siya until sa parking ng hospital.

he hugged me again and kissed me in the forehead before he went in his car.

-

bumalik ako sa ICU to check on kuya. i can't stay there too long kaya i just waited on the waiting room.

his doctor told me na pwede na siya ilipat in his own room tomorrow, but also reminded that mas mapapamahal ang bills namin because he's still in a coma plus his medications.

it's fine with me.

but please kuya, wake up na.

-

i still went to school despite kuya's condition since i know na eto naman ang gusto niya for me.

everyone probably already knew what happened. who wouldn't?

there was kidnapping and attempted murder. you know how the world revolves.

i can see almost everyone whispering whenever i pass by.

"she was the one who got kidnapped, right?"

"her brother was the one who shot instead of her."

"yikes. poor skylar."

"i pity her."

"you know the news? her brother was even an accomplice."

"WOULD YOU FUCKING SHUT UP?!" i cannot help but to raise my voice at her. "why do you even care? do you want to be kidnapped too? if not, shut your fucking mouth." i said to them, boldly.

"what's this commotion all about, ms. torres?" the second i knew was the girls who were talking about me were already gone and the ones who were watching us are already in their proper rooms. wow. hypocrites.

"office. now." ms. agatha demanded.

now what? fuck.

-

i'm here at the library doing my consequences. i need to be here every 3 pm until 4 pm, for 5 days.

and those girls weren't even punished. they started it.

i arranged the books according to the list that the librarian gave me. i suddenly felt a tall figure beside me and i turned to my side to see that it was ron. he was also arranging books.

"are you okay?" he asked. he immediately covered his mouth with his hand when he realized how dumb his question was. "thank you for asking, though. hopefully, soon?"

he just patted my back and told me things. "cheer up, aight? i have something to cheer you up, just a second." he grabbed his phone and pressed something.

he lowered the volume and gave his phone to me. it started playing 'bboom bboom' by momoland.

oh no. he's already into this dance craze.

suddenly, he started dancing it. i tried to keep my laughter in but i just couldn't. i bursted out laughing which is the reason why we got kicked out of the library.

ron got some drinks from the vending machine while i waited for him on a bench outside the library. he gave me a canned caramel macchiato and even got me candies. "thanks."

"what happened? oh wait, is it okay for you to tell me? it's alright if you're not ready."

"it's fine."

i told him about everything. what my relationship is with kaela and all. "wow that is one complicated life story."

i've been wanting to tell him something, but i'm afraid he won't help me with this.

i planned this for a long time, and i think i should do it now. "ron, can you help me with something really big?"